1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 years in and the excitement has worn off..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Aus, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Aus

Aus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey! Just looking some advice...I'm almost up to a 5 year anniversary with my partner. We live in a small city in Australia and are not openly gay...mostly due to my family (conservative and religious). Our sexual attraction has died down for the last 12 months. We live like an old married couple, domestic bliss..but lacking in the bedroom. Is this normal? I'm starting to doubt that she was the one that helped me realise my true identity but may not be the one for me?? Or is this normal?

2. Distant Echo

Look up lesbian bed death....

It supposedly exists. I don't know. Maybe it does or maybe it's an expectation that we can't get by without a penis?

Try rekindling. Organise a date. A proper date. Dress up, buy flowers or whatever, go out for dinner, stay at a hotel...

And buy some toys. (hint - strap-ons are a lot of fun). Get kinky. Have some fun.

Good luck.

3. PrettyinPunk

I can't say if its "normal" because whats considered normal is dependent on the individuals in a relationship. Some people desire less sexual needs, some more. What's important is where you and your girlfriend stand on this matter. Have you talked to her about the decrease of sex in the last year?

And I can't say that she's not the one for you either. Just because someone is the first to make you discover your sexuality doesn't mean your meant to be with them forever. On the flip side relationships take work. This obstacle your facing now if you and your girlfriend work through it, it could make you grow closer and strengthen your bond.

Just make sure you communicate your thoughts and feelings with her.