1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you stereotypical?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Comet, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not in the major aspects, no: I'm basically the most conservative person that I know in regards to sex. I wouldn't kiss or date or sleep with somebody that I wasn't interested in (well, perhaps I'd kiss somebody to piss off homophobes). I'd never even consider polyamoury/polygamy or anything that wasn't strictly monogamous - no disrespect, of course, but it isn't for me at all. Please don't argue with me on that!

On the other hand, I do like a good pun. In a groaning, "oh my god, you DIDN'T" sort of way. Also, whilst I don't behave sexually I do dress in tight clothes and short skirts and dresses that could be called "provocative" - as much as I hate that word in relation to women's clothing!

#21 Gunsmoke, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  2. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do also subconsciously sit down in a "masculine" way. Plus I detest shopping, like I hate it so much :bang:

3. Spacesword

am I sterotypical? Hard to say since I am genderqueer but frankly I wear my hair short, wear flannel, and am artistic, also I present myself in a masculine way most of the time, if that means anything.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In some ways, yes. In other ways, no. I'm kinda gender neutral most of the time. And it seems to depend on whom I ask. My best guy friend says I'm the girliest girl he knows, but then refers to me with male pronouns minutes later, as if he can't remember I'm female. My mom says I'm more like a son than a daughter, but is glad that I like to have long hair and sometimes wear skirts or dresses. Other times though (most of the time, I guess), I wear very boyish clothes. I identify as mostly agender (just slightly female) because I don't feel like I have any gender in specific, though I call myself a girl because girls are awesome. ^.^

I don't really have any concern about typical girl things like my appearance, and I don't relate to and fit in with girls very well. I prefer to hang out with guys.

5. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to act it but no. I'm tall and look straight for the most part. I'll talk gay every now and then. I play basketball.

6. Hatsune Miku

no

stereotyping's stupid anyways

7. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think so. I don't dress femininely, I have a low pitched voice, and I don't really act femininely. I mostly have masculine interests but I used to play with ken dolls Up until about 2nd grade and then lost interest. I guess I am more sensitive about things but remain largely introverted.

8. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know, what are the stereotypes of asexuals (or demisexuals)? That we don't exist? I guess I do fade in and out of existence sometimes.

9. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you meet me in person you wouldn't think so. But if you get to know me you would realize I don't like stereotypical masculine things n my feminine side is more dominant. My sensibilities are finer n more feminine. So it's like this complex integration of male(behavior& external appearance) n female(thinking interests and aspirations).
    If you'd meet me while I was a preschooler or in early primary school, you'd know that I'd grow up to be gay.
    So yes and no.

10. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm edging the line between masculine and feminine, in both my speech and dressing, most times- I'm a very neutral person that's often mistaken for being straight- in fact, friends even forget that I'm bi, sometimes.

I usually wear sneakers, a shirt and jeans, with hair down and a wrist accessory- very neutral. If I wear skirts, people freak out, though XD On the other hand, I'm very touchy feel-y with girls who are okay with it (holding hands, hugging, whatnot) and since most think I'm straight, it's quickly brushed off.

Apparently, I'm too straight to be bi.

11. alicetastic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I like wearing baggy clothes sometimes and hang out with more guys, but I don't really do stereotypes. I don't like dresses, but occationally don't mind my appearance when I'm forced to wear one...
    I like a small amount of makeup...
    Sometimes I act a bit fabulous, but that's just me being me.
    Most times I find myself wearing 'female' clothes, skinny jeans... flip flops... (I HAVE A REALLY COOL PAIR OF FINDING NEMO/DORY ONES)
    As for interests, I have obsessions over gay fandoms, but most of my straight friends do too.
    I have an obsession over Ellen de'generes, but that's normal... right?

12. Riz

Riz

Is there a stereotype for panromantics or demi(a)sexuals? ...Well loosly on the internet meme people in the asexual spectrum tend to like cake, or any kind of food. But I mean, who doesn't like cake?

As for me as a transguy... No... Definitive no. From what I know the sterotype is to be hypermasculine (look, stereotype doesn't mean that's reality) and here I am loving cute things and wearing skirts almost everyday so eh.

13. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, I'm fairly masculine in appearance and personality, Although I don't go out of my way to be either. People I have come out to have been very surprised, but I think if someone was paying close attention there would be some signs.

14. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. I meet none of the stereotypes that I'm aware of for a bisexual man.

Happy days :slight_smile:

15. plant

I don't believe so. I don't like Tegan & Sara, Home Depot, or boots. However, I do love rainbows, and I've had many crushes on straight girls.

16. Justinian20

To continue, I subconsciously sit in a feminine way as well, it's when you get to video games and fantasy that you get my small masculine side.

This side is really my interests and hobbies, I am not feminine with what I like. I would rather design an entire world than go out drinking. I would call my fantasy and writing neutral though.

17. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if there is a stereotype for trans guys, but I dont really fit in with any stereotype except a hippy which is what others tell me but....meh, I'd just say I'm a clumsy and eccentric plum :shrug:

---------- Post added 13th Jun 2016 at 09:51 PM ----------

I guess I fit in with the gay stereotype a bit, though, cos most of my friends are girls, I dress a little androgynously, I'm too romantic, I like flowers, and painting. Just a few stereotypically feminine things I guess, but I guess I'm mostly a big mix of different traits.

#37 jaska, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  18. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not really sure. I don't really like the stereotypical 'girly' things like the colour pink or long flowing dresses.. but then I don't really like wearing dresses or skirts of any kind anyway. I just feel too exposed wearing them. One good gust of wind and woosh! :lol:

There is that stereotypical thing where short nails are associated with lesbians. I'm gay and just so happen to have short nails but not for the stereotypical reasons people believe. I simply just don't like long nails, they get in the way far too much!

I do have a couple of flannel shirts but I don't really wear them. I tend to wear t-shirts, long sleeve tops, jeans and ankle boots that have a heel ranging from 1-3. I don't ever wear make-up except for special occasions such as weddings, but then that's the only time I'll wear a dress either.

As for my hair, I don't like having short hair. The shortest it's been is to my shoulders. I've never dyed nor highlighted it. My hair already ends up standing out (redhead) so there's not really much point anyway.

I don't really think I act too feminine but then I don't act very masculine either. At least I don't think.

#38 Vesta, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  19. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know. I rarely wear makeup or dress up but mainly just because I don't want to bother.

20. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Not really...

I like watching dance and theatre but that's about it...