1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I'm a bit unsure of my gender.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Wolfwing, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Wolfwing

To start this post off, biologically I'm a male and I'm comfortable with my body. Also, gender identity is something that I've never really thought about and it wasn't something that crossed my mind until recently. Though I don't really know how to describe it, but I guess I'd describe it as I don't exactly feel like I'm a male, however I don't exactly feel like I'm a female either. So I've thought about the idea that I'm possibly agender, but I'm unsure about it and I was wondering if anyone could offer me advice or help.

2. Andreana21

Hello, I don't think you really need a label. Too bad you didn't describe your feelings a little bit more, because I don't really know how to proceed right now. The funny part of your message is that, while I was reading, I thought "He's agender". And then you said perhaps you're agender. Do you feel comfortable with that label. Do you feel like you're neither a man or a woman, or a bit of both? Then you'd be bigender.
    Note: Gender identity and gender expression do not always stick together...
    Use a label or don't, just do whatever feels right.

#2 Andreana21, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    First note: A lot (as in, a lot) of cisgender people feel the same way as you, though that doesn't mean that you're necessarily cis, though. If you feel that you have no gender at all, you could be agender, for example.
    Could you maybe describe your feelings a bit more?

#3 Invidia, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  4. Wolfwing

Well I'm not quite sure how exactly to describe feelings of gender. I could describe it as when I think about my gender identity and which gender I might be, I realized that I don't have an exact sense of being male or female.

5. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    On a scale of 1 to 10 - 1 being the most dysphoric and 10 being completely fine (you can add more written detail as well).

- How do you feel about your physical body?
    - How do you feel about the designated male gender pronouns?
    - How do you feel about saying "I am a man"?
    - How do you feel when other people perceive you as a man?
    - If your name is strictly [societally] reserved for the male gender, how do you feel about your name?
    - When you wear clothing strictly [societally] reserved for the male gender, how do you feel in the clothing?

Hope these questions help.