1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Furries?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DreamerBoy17, Jun 4, 2016.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just a little curious about furries right now. I know it's nothing bad or even necessarily sexual, I'm curious about the fandom (?) in general.

So, is anyone here a furry? And if so, could you say a little about your fursona and like being a furry in general?

Please, no rudeness or bashing here.

2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there! I've been a furry for about 10 years now, give or take. My fursona started out as an Alaskan Malamute, though now, my main fursona is a Striped Skunk. I've also managed to drag my mate (husband, now) into the fandom, and after going to a few cons, he's adopted a banded mongoose fursona. (I think he just secretly likes my snake!)

Joking aside, it's been a great release for me, because I can tend to be very depressed, moody, contemplative and intellectual IRL, and this gives me something that is less serious, more whimsical, fun and creative to fall back on. I'm into pretty much all aspects of the fandom; I'm hoping to get my first fursuit this fall. But I enjoy writing furry fiction, doing Role Plays, the art, and even the sexual aspect, which I think have infused my sex life with what I might calla boundless creativity: it was almost like a second 'coming out' of sorts; or a breaking down of barriers, and seeing that in the realm of fantasy, anything is possible.

Huh, not sure this is the best explanation...I have other posts on the topic, lemme try and dig up some up.

OK, here's a post from a while back, that explains it better:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/1871447-post20.html

Hope this helps. Have any questions, just ask me, I don't bite :wink:

3. metalkitsune

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm a furry. I wonder though if Second Life is mostly a furry game or not.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've just started to create a fursona. I'd love to make a suit someday. I think that it would put my crafting skills to great use. The only issue is that my fursona is a Pug, so that would be a very hard head to make...

I really am pretty new into the furry community. Like I said, my fursona is a Pug, and his name is Francis. There is a pretty large community of furries here in Ohio, and we all meet up from time to time to hang out and talk about life. For me, being a furry is an outlet that allows me to have fun and create things at the same time.

5. metalkitsune

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I have a partial fursuit. I like the local cons where i am. Has anyone seen zootopia?

#5 metalkitsune, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016