1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early signs that you were LGBT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At the time I just thought I liked some other guys because I wanted to be friends but now I realize I had crushes on a bunch of guys starting in elementary school.

3 guys in my 5th grade class stand out in my mind and then a few in my 7th-8th grade classes

Honestly so many things I did as a kid pointed to me being gay, I just didn't realize any of them at the time.

2. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I accidentally cut myself with a nail file when I was 4 years old and my fate was sealed; doomed to be fabulous!

I don't think it gave me an attraction to guys, but whatever XD

I'm pretty sure I didn't have serious crushes until I was 11 years old

3. Bearsona

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uh... I kissed two girls while still in elementary school and I liked it, I guess that's enough of a sign? xD

4. Outboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Watching guys on TV and looking at boys at school, especially in sports and swimming!

5. laviedadele

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember playing this game of tag that had a sexual element with other girls when I was 4. I remember giggling gleefully and the exciting feeling it gave me.

With older female friends I remember getting a rush when we play fought. Thoughts about other older girls could've been attraction rather than admiration/intimidation.

I briefly had a "boyfriend" when I was 9 and it felt inherently wrong and I felt panicked and guilty when he bought me a present.

At 11 there was a girl I thought was beautiful but no-one else really saw it. I cried, wishing I was my older brother (who's very good-looking), because then I could ask her out and make her happy.

6. Comet

In sixth grade, I would always stare at this girl longingly, and I assumed I just really wanted to be her friend, but I think that was my first crush on a girl... She was very cute, I remember she had freckles, and there was this beauty mark on her cheek that I thought was amazing.

Also, for my second birthday I wanted a race car birthday instead of a girly one. In the end, my grandma made my mom throw me a butterfly one instead.

7. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. Always talking about girls
    2. Very noticeably obsessing over certain girls
    3. Asking sister, at age 10, "If you were a boy, who would you have a crush on?"

Supposedly my parents didn't get the hint though?? Heh.

I always seem to get crushes on the girls who aren't stereotypically pretty, too. And cause I'm a girl, they'll never know how pretty they really are. :/ Ugh

#47 faultyink, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  8. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    1.) When I was little, about 5 or 6, I watched this Tv series called "Xena" with my cousin. It had two woman who were lesbians (the main characters). They kissed a few times in the show I think and for some reason I just wanted a relationship like that. I felt rather attracted to it. It was weird, but it felt... right.
    2.) At school I had a crush on my best friend and often fantasized about us being together. I continued feeling this way, but with other girls that were my friends.

9. Illus1

Haha Xena warrior princess the intro still gives me chills and memories of happy saturday mornings. 1) the fact that i was not attracted to Xena, the blond was hot tho
    2)(the following happened around the same year xena was on television)
    Hmm same like the others I thought I wanted to be 'friends' with guys. Actually I chased a guy that transfered in my class in 5th grade, i was kind to him and a good friend, while he was the new guy, later he became really popular because his parents were loaded as a consequence so did I .So yeah he had this quad bike/ATV and we went for rides & i used to hold the sides of the atv seat?/bar anyway once he hit the brakes suddenly and i almost fell, so HE said i could hold his shoulders or put my arms around his middle.btw he was cute, MY GOD i wass soooo happy and in the words of Rose from titanic 'It was the most erotic moment of my life, until then atleast' well then i still did not know but now that i think about it duhhhh sad part is that he was a few months older and well kinda figured it out after a year... he dropped the friendship like a bomb and went ice cold towards me and i didn't understand why (i didnt know i was in to him,) HURT like hell (another sign)

Later i changed my act in highschool learned how to act straight and never really had close friends again just in case i did not want to slip up. Also lost my popularity and became a loner (went backward socially) In a way i am glad times are changing and people are ok to come out young instead of hiding it and being on guard all the time and losing so much of your personality while doing that.....i still have issues with opening up to friends/having close friends.