1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early signs that you were LGBT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I had a fascination for jewellery and loved hanging out with the women in the house , since age 1. Then came nail polish and henna at age 2-3 . Then it was all a slippery slope :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I remember Ive kissed guys in my class during kindergarten and upto 2nd grade. And i predominantly had only girl friends till then. My teacher actually had to make guy friends for me in 3rd grade and separated me from the girls :/ Yea i was that typical gender non conforming kid who grew up to be gay:grin:

2. guitar

Feeling 'tingly' whenever a boy would touch me, tackle me, roughhouse, etc when i was a kid.

Really taking notice of guys' physiques in the locker room.

Never feeling weirded out about gay culture, guys kissing, etc.

Around the age of 4 my close friend (also 4 and very obviously gay, even at that age ) were incredibly touchy-feely. I didn't know it at the time but my mom recently told me story as one way they weren't overly shocked when I came out.

#22 guitar, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  3. fenestra

The first person I ever fell in love with was my best friend but I didn't interpret it as a sexual attraction (still not sure, honestly). I remember once sharing a bed with her and my first boyfriend (totally innocently, mind you); she was snuggled up on my left side, him on my right, me on my back. I don't think I slept at all that night. I wish I could remember what I was thinking and how I felt at that moment.

I finally told her 21 years later (at her bachelorette party) and she said I was her first love, too. Awww....I still get a little weak around her.

#23 fenestra, Jun 2, 2016
  4. ForeverMe

Bisexuality/Pansexuality has made sense to me more than anything else since I learned about it, even when I didn't know much. Also, I always had friends of both genders and kind of didn't fully understand straight-ness.

5. faustian1

^^^^^this, and boys with long hair!

#25 faustian1, Jun 2, 2016
  6. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This, is pretty much it for me too.

Also having crushes on a couple male friends but didn't know realize it, while I also had crushes on some of my female friends. :dry:

#26 BrookeVL, Jun 2, 2016
  7. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never had an issue with LGBT rights growing up as a kid.

I remember being really fond of my male best friends.

Also, I don't know if this means anything or not, but when I was about in fifth grade or so, I got in trouble with the school when I allegedly touched someone's boob. And when confronted by my mom about it, she asked me how it felt and I didn't really have an adequate answer for her so I just replied "it felt like a man's."

#27 Randy, Jun 2, 2016
  8. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

You know those male models with six packs on the front of men's underwear packages, where you can see the bulge too? Yeah. I used to look at those longer than a straight guy would've done, and paid no attention to the models advertising women's bras or knickers.

In school, whenever someone asked me if I liked any of the girls (prior to knowing I was gay) I'd just say no. Because that was the honest truth.

I never have, I never did, and I never will understood the attractiveness of boobs.

Oh, quite stereotypical, but I was always much more interested in drama and I hated (still do) sports. Namely, football, because almost all the boys love football.

9. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have had stereotypically girly interests for quite a while, and I have trouble connecting with male peers. Getting along with girls is way easier for me.

10. Justinian20

I never really had any major signs, everything seemed to surface later in my years, my teen years had the most signs that I was gay.

It's mainly due to the fact I kind of just forgot my entire childhood because I hated it a lot.

11. PrettyinPunk

I think the only real thing I can remember standing out was how I felt singing Motown songs. I'd feel so happy singing a song like "My Girl" and wanting to sing it to someone. I never wanted to change the pronouns and I always felt odd imagining myself singing it to a guy.

12. Eris

Eris Guest

When making online characters I would assign my nickname and the character gender as Male.

When I was 7, I found my classmate sitting in front of me really pretty and so, I kept complimenting her. I bet she thought I was some freak lol.

When I turned 9, I had a best friend and fell in love with her. And I cried when I woke up in the morning because I know it's socially unacceptable to be gynoromantic.

13. RGEm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always felt more comfortable playing with the boys rather than the girls in the playground, and I would be even more socially awkward than usual around girls. Also been a huge supporter of LGBT+ and would always feel happy(?) if I found out someone else was LGBT too. Also has always gotten totally panicky when ever someone asked me if I was gay or called me gay. Also have always had "girl crushes" on girls

#33 RGEm, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  14. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was in elementary school (like seven years old I think), I was obsessed with a girl who rode the same school bus. I was constantly thinking about kissing her. She was creeped out by me because I never stopped talking to her. When I was eight or nine, I sexually fantasized about her, despite not knowing what sex was at the time. :confused:

When I was really little, like five years old, I avoided boys, firmly believing that there was no point in them existing because only girls were any interesting (but maybe a lot of young girls go through a phase like that? I don't know).

15. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Sooo may now that I think of it:
    I used to imagine being my male friends.
    A few crushes on boys in primary school.
    I've always been a fussy dresser: my mum says she used to put out clothes for me as a 4/5 year old and I'd put them away and get what I wanted to wear. My mum admits that my fashion sense was never wrong.
    I've always found being friends with girls much easier than with boys.

Don't know if it's related really but I always liked playing the female parts in playground games. I've always preferred certain female characters to male characters too- I've never stopped playing as Rosalina in Mario Kart since she became available, for example.

It's worth pointing out that none of this made me think I was gay until at least age 12. Then it dawned on me quite suddenly.

16. Sharka Sharka

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was 8, I crushed on Ellen Degeneres. That's pretty gay tbh.

17. StarryNightsky

When I was 9 or 10 I really liked my best friend (who's a girl) but I always thought I was just being perverted really. There was a girl I also tried to make friends with when I was 10 too because she was just 'perfect' to me. I've always acknowledged my interest in guys but I don't think I've ever really had a preference..

18. Andreana21

I only realized it later, but I had a lot of queer crushes as a kid.

1. I remember in kindergarten, I had my first crush on my best friend, a cutie whom I admired a lot. Then I had a couple more crushes on girls, who were also my friends. I never forgot them.... It's saaaad.
    2. I've always loved the women's body and attitude. I don't really know how to explain it.
    3. I had a very gay period from the ages of 6-9, when I really disliked and felt uncomfortable around boys and would rather hang out with girls, and I'd get jealous when girls would spend too much time with guys.
    4. I had a huge crush on Hannah Montana and Olive Doyle from ANT farm.
    5. I always had a deep admiration for women in my life and I always was a feminist. I also had an absent paternal figure.
    6. I fell in love with two boys in my life, but it took time. Still, I had my first "flash" (the name I use for "love at first sight) for a girl. I had only known her one day, and couldn't stop thinking about her. (And I don't even believe in love at first sight lol)

That's pretty much it. :wink:

#38 Andreana21, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  19. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had crush on boys in my class, older students in my school and hopelessly fell for a male teacher too. I would hang around the cafeteria purposefully for a extra minute or two to catch a glimpse of that teacher everyday (He had the second lunch break) back when I was 3rd Grader.

20. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I remember when I was probably 10 or 11 my mom asked me if I thought any guys were cute and I remember being totally confused and asking how you tell if one's cute or not.

I started staring at boobs a lot around 2nd grade

I reeeeally liked Amelia Earhart in Night at the Museum 2

This is more of a stereotype but I was a huge tomboy and got along with guys a lot better when I was really young

---------- Post added 5th Jun 2016 at 09:09 AM ----------

I also think I had a few girl crushes, although then I didn't understand it as that. Like this girl who went to the same basketball summer camp as me every year who I thought was super cool, and later this girl in my 6th grade class who ironically was the one I talked to about my first boyfriend all the time