1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Concert Experience

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by PrettyinPunk, May 31, 2016.

1. Synesthesia

Green Day 2005 (went to one of the two concerts they filmed for their live album/dvd, my first time at a gig and I was so excited, massive fan back then, one of the best days of my life.) Steven Wilson at the royal albert hall in 2015 just amazing really, and IAMX in 2015.

#21 Synesthesia, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  2. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ohh I would do anything to make a time machine and go tell everyone that was getting Brian's way at the time to piss off and let the genius write more music to change the face of pop music, personally I wouldn't recommend seeing "the Beach Boys" because they are pretty meh as it is, I mean its just Mike Love at this point and some other random people... :/

They say for a lot of bands that there is always the one genius that gives the band its edge, while I have to disagree with that majority of the time, I would say its 100% true for the Beach Boys, Brian Wilson was the genius that got them places.

My parents went to see McCartney back in 1993 (YEA its been that bloody long...) when he came last, and they said the same type of thing, the acoustics were really really crap since he was at a stadium instead of an indoor place, I personally prefer live music in a enclosed area rather than an open site, however that obviously means that you wont have as many seats, so I guess its a bad idea if your trying to make dollars...

3. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson were both amazing and I had been listening to them since I was 8 so I've been wanting to see them since then, when I finally did I wasn't disappointed.

A few notable others ... Crystal Castles, Die Mannequin, Ozzy, B.L.S, Dope, Queens of the Stone Age.

4. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can name five concert experiences that stood out for me:

Prince - Was an incredible performer will be greatly missed
    Luther Vandross - Magical ...miss him a lot
    Elton John - Fantastic experience
    Tina Turner - Wonderful
    Beyonce - The new Tina Turner

5. L0ser

I've been to several concerts, but my most memorable was seeing Cage The Elephant, Silversun Pickups, Foals, and Bear Hands live. I like all of them, and all the live performances were great. I was right at the front with a few friends, one who had never been to a concert, and we all had a lot of fun. The cherry on top was a nearly hour long closing performance by Cage The Elephant, and man can they put on a show. Everyone, including the lead singer, was jumping around and dancing and screaming their hearts out.

I actually lost my voice for a bit because I yelled out the lyrics to a lot of the songs, lol.

One moment I'll remember is when Matt Shultz was being held up by the crowd, still singing into the microphone during the song "Punching Bag." Super fun.

6. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I haven't been to many concerts, but my favorite one so far has been seeing Imagine Dragons last year. What I liked was the fact that it was mostly about their music, not the spectacle of it. Seeing Lady Gaga a few years ago was fun, but it started an hour late and it seemed to be more about the sets, costumes and special effects than the actual music. Imagine Dragons only started 20 mins late (which, for a rock concert, is practically early), it finished at a reasonable time and they managed to have great lighting effects without drawing attention away from the music.

Most of the songs were off their latest album that I hadn't listened to yet, so I didn't really know a lot of the songs, but they still sounded absolutely great, to the point where I was disappointed listening to some of their new album later because it didn't sound as good as when it was live. They played to the crowd really well and it was really cool to see phone flashlights waving around while they played Smoke And Mirrors. It was just so much fun for me and my friends.

7. Formality

Coldplay. I saw them about 2 weeks ago when they came to Stockholm. Damn was the show good! There was such an amazing atmosphere in the arena. They handed out glowing wrist bands to everyone who came to the concert, which they later could control with different light effects. It was amazing when the show started and all of the 10's of thousands of armbands in the arena lit up in bright red. It was stunning. It was by far the coolest concert I've ever been to.

8. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I saw Behemoth a few years ago (first concert), it blew me away. I was right in the front row too and didn't expect it to sound better than the studio albums. I wish I could go to more, but I have no one to go with and it really effects my anxiety.

9. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Kraftwerk were amazing.

10. guitar

I've seen so many amazing performances it's really hard to choose. My first real concert was Skid Row, Kiss and Ted Nugent in 2000 and that was an amazing show. My mind was blown as like an 11-year-old. Queensryche's dual Mindcrime was a great show, one of my favorite albums with a complete stage show with actors and all kinds of stuff. I see Steel Panther yearly and they're always awesome. One of the best stage shows on the planet.

Last week I saw Skid Row with Dragonforce's ZP Theart on vocals and he was incredible. I did not miss Sebastian Bach AT ALL. I've seen them about 10 times and that was by far their best performance.

11. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Queen with Adam Lambert at Summer Sonic (Tokyo) 2014. Obviously Queen just... fucking rules. The set was insane, the performance was perfect and personal and epic, Brian May sang in Japanese, and at one point early on I put my hand up and couldn't get it back down. I literally was not able to move because of the crowd and couldn't have cared less. It was awesome.

I've enjoyed every concert I've ever been to. I've seen Avenged Sevenfold, Kyari Pamyu Pamyu, Megadeath, Avril Lavigne (all at Summer Sonic), Into the Entropy (local band in my hometown), Big Wreck, The Tea Party, Dir en Grey, and Miyavi.

Oh wait, I also saw Azalia Banks and Ellie Golding at Summer Sonic, and they weren't that good. Ellie Banks came on late, no apology, and then just stood there and sang like a marionette. Azalia Banks, I don't really know and it's not really my style, but she had a really hot dancer who clearly loved what he was doing.

12. RelaxedDude97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Definitely Imagine Dragons! Saw them in February, in Amsterdam. Boy, what a night!

#32 RelaxedDude97, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  13. CharlieChalk

Oh man, I LOVE Pentatonix! Managed to meet them back in London a few years ago, and yeah, nicest bunch of people. So damn talented too!

A favourite concert experience I had was probably Parahoy. It's basically a 4 day cruise with Paramore and bands they bring along. They've done it twice now and I've been twice and it's just been exceptional both times. So different, but so worth it!

14. ChameleonSoul

The best concert that I've ever been to was a Lindsey Stirling concert that I went to on Monday. You'd think that a violin concert would be boring but she had such a powerful stage presence and knew exactly how to work up the crowd. I also loved that each instrumental song had a story that was told through imagery and special effects. Not to mention that she absolutely killed it!

15. DragonOfNarnia

Lady Gaga in May 2012 - it was just a few days after my fifteenth birthday. Although I'm not the hardcore fan I was back then, I had a lot of fun on that night and will look back on it fondly. :grin: