1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A time you were almost outed?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by entopen, May 30, 2016.

1. ForeverMe

Yeah...I've almost outed myself a couple times...not realizing someone else was in earshot...:eusa_clap

2. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was very close with one of my female cousins since childhood and she was the one who took me to my first gay club. Her and I always did a lot of club hopping even with our dates but we always had the most fun with just the two of us. This one particular gay club she loved attending because this club was all about dancing and having fun. After the initial fear of being there, I began to see why she liked this club and I also begin to embrace the fact that I was a closeted gay man. Since I was the new guy on the market, a lot of guys began to come on to me but she would not have it. Therefore, once I got a little more comfortable with being there, I started sneaking off to the club during the week by myself. One Friday night, I was supposed to meet her at this club but my friend Christian wanted to take me to a few other local gay clubs before meeting her. However, this delay wound up being a blessing in disguise because once I arrived at this club, I was approached by a few of the guys who had came on to me and they had revealed to me that she was there earlier but had bought along one of my older brothers and a few of his friends. One of them told me that they had pulled her aside and questioned her about why she had done this and she replied that she had found out that I was going to the club during the week without her and wanted to get back at me by outing me to my brother whom by the way was the biggest homophobic you would ever wanted to meet. Needless to say, due to my delay night with Christian, I had missed them and they decided to leave.

4. Vulpes

I told one of my ex-girlfriends when we were dating that i was bisexual, after we broke up she thought it was a good idea to go and tell people, luckily though she realised how much this could affect me and we were both able to convince everyone she told that she was joking and we were seeing how gullible people were.

5. AmyBee

One of my good friends was looking at some pics I'd sent her and one of her good friends who knew me when I was her bf came by and was like, "Who is that?" and she quickly clicked the email shut and was like, "That's my friend, Amy." Another thing is my mom was getting all these Delia's, Alloy and Victoria's Secret catalogs for me at her house because that was my billing address for a while and they wouldn't send the catalogs to where I was actually living here. When I was visiting home she asked me about the whole thing and was like, "Sometimes I wonder about you..." A couple of days later she told me if I'd been AFAB she would have named me Bella. But we dropped the topic after that.

6. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Two years ago one of my friends prank called me early in the morning during the summer holidays. Couple the sleepiness, with the fact that he was impersonating some random Paraguayan guy, I completely fell for it. He brought up a story that was fairly believable as for how he got the number (another friend, mentioned by name, "gave it to him"), and what he was saying wasn't entirely outlandish.

Then the "I need you to pretend you are my gay boyfriend for this event" phrase came up. Suffice to say, by then I figured something was up, but then also came the fear that someone knew. It was the most awkward moment of my life.

A few months later I came out to him and a few others, and made a reference to the whole thing. Now -that- was awkward, and from my point of view, hilarious.

7. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I've had to play dodge the bullet a few times with my grandmother. I'm pretty expressive in my gender neutrality by the way I cut my hair, the way I dress, etc. My grandmother started to notice a bit more and one day when we were driving home from a hair appointment she says "You're getting very boy-ish on me". My first thought was "I'm trying to be androgynous jfc" but then my second thought was that it was possible my grandma was suspicious of me so I started sweating bullets. I managed to dodge the whole thing (I've gotten pretty good at avoiding questions with her). But the conversation was a trip. Apparently she wants her baby girl back and "girls are made of sugar and spice".
    [​IMG]

Grandma I love you to death but there are some things you can't know right now.

#27 AgenderMoose, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  8. Albea

not an almost outing, but an actual outing.

about a year and a half ago i came out to my friend Maddy when we were on some church retreat. later that night we were talking to this group of people. a guy who went to my school was there too. then they start talking about gay people and how,

"all the different sexual orientations are so confusing." then Maddy blurted out,

"well, I had to ask Lena about her sexuality. so i didn't get that special tv moment."

wtf. its not about you girl! anyway the whole next year i was stressing out about that guy who went to my school telling people (including this girl that i liked.)

9. kronixx

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    when I was on ec my mom walks in. and I haven't told her yet, but she just passed by. and that's the most recent occurance.

10. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have almost outed myself multiple times by making puns like the following...

Mom: Dad needs his tea.
    Me: So do I.

11. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In 8th grade we were having a party day at the end of the school year, and I let my friend play a game on my phone she hit the home button so she could go to Google something without telling me and I had EC pulled up. She hollered at me from across the class "what's empty closets" "are you gay" it was a small class and everyone heard her and turned and looked at me she said "well" I got embarrassed took my phone from her and walked home.

12. Garm147

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was almost outed qt work by a former supervisor just because she thought it was ok and thaht i was already out. It was a shock as i didn't realize that she already knew because i dont speak about that.
    That episode ended with a stronger friendship with her. :slight_smile:

Oh! And i still couldnt find if she is also a.... :slight_smile: and i rally want to know! :slight_smile: