1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding problems

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by EstoraIsSoQueer, May 30, 2016.

1. EstoraIsSoQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whenever I try to bind my chest, I never get the look I want. But I am scared that if I bind to tight, it will cause some really bad damage. I am only an A cup but it is still not flat. any suggestions?

2. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, firstly, what are you using to bind? If not already, I'd recommend a proper binder, like one from underworks or gc2b. From my experience, underworks lasts longer before stretching out. If you're using anything that's not a proper chest binder, please know that it is very dangerous and can cause serious harm as it restricts breathing - and can sometimes stop breathing all together if your chest can't expand to take a breath.

Other than that, all I can suggest is to try wearing baggy clothing, this often gives the appearance of a much flatter chest. Multiple layers can also help, but can get rather warm in summer.

3. YinYang

When you're binding, make sure it doesn't hurt. If your chest starts to hurt, take it off. If you feel like you can't breathe properly, take it off. If you're getting a rash or your skin is being irritated, take it off.

As Fairybread said, it'd probably be best to use a proper binder. I haven't used any binders, so I can't say which ones work the best, but if you can buy a binder, get one.

And please please please don't use ace bandages, and don't use duct tape. Both of those are extremely harmful and WILL cause lasting damage if you bind with them.

4. EstoraIsSoQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use a High Impact sports bra and a tight tank top. It doesn't restrict my breathing but a lot of people use this method and they say it really works. I am still not out to my parents so I don't think I can ask them for a real one. Should I just stop and wait it out?

5. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A sports bra and tank top is one of the safer "home binding" methods. Does wearing a baggy T-shirt over top help at all?

6. EstoraIsSoQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like wearing button ups, and in my opinion it makes me look more flat.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One thing that helped me look flatter in button ups was wearing an undershirt underneath. So, if this is not something that you already do, that may help you out as well

8. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say wearing an additional undershirt would help your chest appear flatter, at least that's what works for me whenever I bind. If you're uncomfortable with that many layers though, I'd maybe see if you can shape/flatten underneath your binder as much as possible after you put it on.

9. Just Call Me Ky

I was wondering the same question actually, but the problem for me is I am a 36 C :/ I'm not transgender, I just have mixed days where sometimes I just don't want to look so damn feminine. @EstoraIsSoQueer this was a great question I hope you don't mind that my reply was a question and not advice... so any advice for the most effective method for a bigger chest size? -Ky

10. EstoraIsSoQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not at all! :slight_smile:

11. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm about a 16DD (unsure of conversion) but chest binders and layering work for me. I've also heard of people wearing two sport bras - one forward and one backward, but unsure how well that would work. Aside from that, a tighter tank top style undershirt, with a looser one over top.

EstoralsSoQueer - I wear button ups as well, and an undershirt works great under them too :slight_smile: I'll often wear an open button up with a shirt underneath