1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, May 29, 2016.

1. MerBear

Do you think it's a bad thing to talk about the future with your partner?

Me and my girlfriend have been together for two months but I feel very secure within this relationship so we talk about me maybe moving to where she is after my lease is up. But kind of joke about marriage. Not serious talks but joking talk about if we were married haha

2. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I don't think it's a bad thing. I've been with my girlfriend for a little over 3 months and we do the same thing. I wouldn't say we are necessarily joking because for her to come here we would more than likely have to be married.

It's good to have a plan and imagine what the future would be like and how you guys would work together

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it is a bad thing and, if you aren't losing control of these thoughts, i think it can be even healthy.

However, be careful not to idealize things too much. That could end up creating problems to the relationship.

But, if it is clear in your mind that these are just plans, and can change anytime, then i think it is ok.