1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Comet, May 29, 2016.

?

Opinions on Tattoos?

1. Yes on me, yes on other people

59 vote(s)
    63.4%
  2. Yes on me, no on other people

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No on me, yes on other people

19 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. No on me, no on other people

15 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like heavily tattooed people, many of my friends and partners have been covered. I have one small tattoo but I compete in a physique sport and they can be distracting, so I've held off on getting more.

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love them. I have 3 and wanting to still get several more. Between them and my piercings, they make me look much more menacing than I could ever really be.

4. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I find tattoos attractive on other people, but would only get one on me if I could find some pattern or symbol that was unique and that I really liked. I want a tattoo but am an indecisive person so I would be worried that I would stop liking it.

5. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like them on other people as long as they have a meaning!

6. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YES ALL 'ROUND!

LOOOOVE tattoos! I have three, and already have 3 more planned :grin: One of my best friends have full sleeves, and is tattooed from her knees down, has a chest piece and back piece. I don't plan on going that far, but I reeeaaallly want more tats. Here are Google images of the ones I currently have:

Right ankle tattoo (December 2007)

Left shoulder blade tattoo (My birthday present to myself, 28 July 2010)

Right inner forearm tattoo (18 January 2015, red heart, green cross, black anchor)

My next tattoo is going to be a feather with the word "believe" written next to it. The feather is going to be two shades of blue, with white accents, and the shadow and word in black ink, which will go on my left inner forearm (Already got a quote on it! :grin:).

Another one that I want, is a big Chinese dragon on my left outer forearm. I'm planning on having the Chinese symbol on my right ankle covered up with this adorable bug/monster or whatever it is :lol: The tattoo artist said "aaawwww cuuute!" when I showed her this picture. I also think it's cute :grin:

7. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have any and never will. On some people they look good but I've definitely seen more bad tat's than good ones.
    I don't really understand why people have them (though I don't object to it) but then I don't understand a lot of things other people do :confused:
    What I dislike about them is that if you have a tattoo, you can never truly be your naked self. I know people say they enhance your body rather than cover it up but does that still count for twenty year old tattoos? Some people say they are a personal expression but I'm not sure about that either because ultimately it's someone else's art on your body. You're just the canvas - muse at best.

As I've thought about it, I now know a lot more women with tattoos than men and they tend to be smaller designs worn like jewellery. The few men that I know with tat's tend to have bolder designs worn like armour.

8. PrettyinPunk

I said yes for both. I think when people first get to know me, they think I'm the kind of person with lots of tats. Up until a year and half ago though I would have said no to a tattoo. I've always found them cool I just didn't have a strong enough reason to put one on my skin permanently.

Now I do. I actually designed it myself and plan on getting it done this year. I need to find the right tattoo artist. It's very important and symbolic to me, so no rushing.

I find tattoos on other people to be fine, physical preference wise I think it's better to have less or subtle ones but with meaning. Its not a big deal to me though.

9. Brytaleith

I'll never get a tattoo. I change my mind so often, I'm more likely to regret the tattoo immediately after I've gotten it than appreciate it.

On the other hand, some tattoos on other people look nice and add to their aesthetic appeal. Some. Because there are other not very tasteful tattoos out there, like meaningless Chinese characters, spelling mistakes or some cult/racist related tattoos. It really depends on the meaning.

10. EstoraIsSoQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love tattoos! But it depends on the tattoo. If its a racist/sexist/homophobic slogan then NO NO NO! But there are some really nice tattoos out there! I am not old enough for one, but I am hoping for one in the future!:eusa_danc

11. Akane

Love tattoos, but I do not have the money for that addiction... >.>

12. iiimee

I think that as long as you don't let the skin where you got a tattoo sag, they look awesome! However, I'm needlephobic so I don't think getting one is in my future...

13. idcidc

Big yes,I want to get a sleeve really bad.

14. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't want any tattoos and as for other people, I'm indifferent - some tattoos look great whilst others don't.

15. kijs86

I want one...but lacking ideas to what kind of tattoos should I get. Any suggestion? where do you get the feel for the tattoos that you get? I mean once its there it will be there forever, so you cant just pick anything right? at least that's the case for me.

I have scars (keloid) on my chest, thinking to have it to cover it. But since I have history with keloid Im scared that it will get worse when I do it. Does anyone have any idea? I know I should just ask this in medical forum instead hahaa

16. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like tattoos. They make me feel uncomfortable somehow. It's the same way I feel about piercings.

I prefer a more "natural" appearance, I guess.

17. MusicNotes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I honestly really love tattoos, and I plan on getting some eventually. Specifically a trail of music notes behind my ear.

Plus I always find myself appreciating someone with tattoos, specially ones with a story or meaning behind them.

18. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hate them ... KIDDING obviously!

There should be an "indifferent" option here. I don't even notice my tattoos or tattoos on other people really anymore. I'm so used to them. When I was younger and didn't have any I would say yes, definitely but now it doesn't matter to me.

19. mirkku

Have some, will get more, appreciate it on other people as well. Stories are important. :slight_smile:

20. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was thinking of getting a meaningful tattoo myself (maybe), something small and not intrusive. I already have an idea, but I don't know if I would get anything.
    I seen a picture online, that was a barcode that was broken in the middle with various animal tracks running out from it, with "Animal Liberation" written underneath it.

[​IMG]

On others, I'd prefer the same, if someone did have a tattoo, I'd prefer something small and not intrusive.