1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you wear on your first gay date? :)

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, May 16, 2016.

1. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is your husband starting to get comfortable with this?

I will come out to my wife this week. We've set a date.

With her permission, I am coming out to my family over the 4 th of July. We are a pretty gay group! Two brothers and sister are bi/gay. So, I will be among allies. Speaking of clothes for that, I will be showing up in rainbow shorts and see how long it takes for someone to notice! (I may be dressed like half the family though)

2. yuanzi

baristajedi: nope I am still single but the girl I went out with found a girlfriend soon afterwards and they have been together for 4+ years now so good for them :slight_smile:

Do let us know about your date and what you end up wearing :grin:

3. whizbang

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    @ Baristajedi

I was out surfing the web for outfit ideas for myself, i came across this picture and i thought about this thread:

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

This outfit is cute and easy. Add some spring color to your nails and there you go! This is perfect for a lunch date! I really love this trend for myself (when i'm in femme mode) because it's easy to put together! Let me know what you think!

4. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh this is going to be great! You sound confident about your coming out, I'm happy for you! It's good to have fun with it, that's awesome. Keep us updated for sure. How many siblings do you have?

My husband goes back and forth on this whole thing. There was a peak a couple of months ago where we were talking about how we could both explore and he was sort of intrigued about it. We have to talk some more. I'm kind of at a point where I feel this is necessary for my wellbeing and I don't mean to be an asshat, but well, I'm not going to be able to give up on it.

But I do want my husband to be comfortable of course. I don't know...it feels complicated with him right now. But I'm going to figure it out.

---------- Post added 17th May 2016 at 11:35 PM ----------

Thanks yuanzi, I'll update you all for sure!

---------- Post added 17th May 2016 at 11:38 PM ----------

This is great, thanks!! This is on the same sort of style I'm thinking about. The shirt I bought the other day looks something like this though (does the picture show up?):

[​IMG]

5. CapColors

I'm a complete clothing obsessed person, so I personally would dress up a bit to show my sense of style. And I like to look hot but not tacky, so form fitting but not revealing cuts are my go-to.

But it really depends on what you're doing: A walk in the park first date and a sit with coffee first date require different looks and (more importantly) footwear! :grin:

6. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cap, I bet you would be a cute and fun and awesome date. :slight_smile:

I suppose I want to show off my style too, but not clothing style, more so my casual, comfortable side. I have this urge to express who I am more fully than I ever felt comfortable doing in the past. The idea of meeting someone and expressing me seems like it will be really fun. I suppose this is s reflection of growing confidence. I felt sort of comfortable with myself at various times. But I think I may a peak right now in terms of confidence.

And your advice helps a lot, to think about what I'll wear depending on what the date plans ultimately turn out to be. I think it's going to be drinks in the evening...

7. whizbang

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, my first date totally sucked LOL, how did yours go ;-)

8. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Button front shirt untucked with the sleeves rolled up, khakis, and black sneakers okay? (We're not going to a fancy restaurant)

#28 BrookeVL, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
  9. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, no! What happened??

So it's funny but right after made this thread the girl I've been chatting with postponed our date, it's because of a health issue, so it will be a couple weeks or so before we go out....so I'm still a date-virgin. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 22nd May 2016 at 05:35 PM ----------

I think that sounds great! Casual but nice. Where are you going? That also makes a difference of course.

10. CapColors

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I would be! Although I talk a lot.

#30 CapColors, May 22, 2016
  11. MAR Felix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wear what I wear. I wear a button down shirt that is never ironed w/a tie that does not match it (it must not match). Then I wear a pair of slacks or jeans (which I prefer). You get me as I am always. I complete the ensemble w/either a sweater or a sports jacket.
    The ties are my statement - I buy the ugliest ones that I can find; I buy them at flea markets and yard sales. I'm especially fond of some that I paid no more than a quarter for. The uglier, more out of fashion, the more tasteless a tie is, the more I like it. I've got one that looks like 1970s era wallpaper. My real treasure is the one that is made out of burlap. A denim shirt, a burlap tie, and a corduroy sports jacket says, "moi". :smilewave

#31 MAR Felix, May 22, 2016
  12. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We're going to a "tavern." Basically just a bar with a restaurant area. I think my planned outfit is a good one. I actually have to go wash the shirt tomorrow...oops. :lol:

I'm just looking forward to not being a "gay date virgin," no matter what. But I DO hope things work out(obviously, otherwise what's the point?). Who knows, maybe soon I won't be a "gay relationship virgin" either. Or even just a "gay virgin." :grin:

I do hope you get your day soon though Barista, I'm so sorry it was postponed... :frowning2:

#32 BrookeVL, May 22, 2016
  13. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like a great outfit. Good luck on your date!! When is it?

I'm looking forward to not bring a gay date/kiss/ahem virgin as well :slight_smile:

I'm only s little bummed that it's been postponed though, I think with me working out the kinks of this arrangement with my husband at this point, it's not so bad to pace things s tad slowly. Just not too slowly!

14. whizbang

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    @Baristajedi: well, I think he thought that this was going to be a hook-up. Not much conversation and after 1/2 hour of very little small talk, I left.

So me being dressed and bored, I decided to go to one of the only gay bars in west Texas. So, after an hour drive, I pull into the parking lot to realise that it had closed for good two weeks earlier.

Life is funny like that ;-)

15. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Barista: It's tonight! I'm uber excited!!!!

16. brians34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Barista, I will tell you what I did for my first date. We had been chatting and after having made date plans, I asked him what he was comfortable wearing. He said he would prefer shorts and t-shirt. I said great, we met, had our date, everything went great and we continue going out.

17. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw, man. My date was postponed as well....we're doing lunch on Thursday instead. I kinda want to change my outfit and just wear shorts and a t-shirt.....maybe I should stick to the plan?