1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About Bi guys and how they date

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DalArc9, May 15, 2016.

1. DalArc9

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One other thing I always wondered is that for people who are Bi do they ever end up getting married or being with someone rest of there life? Or do they just have one boyfriend and one girlfriend and have both rest of there life? I just think they will have to decide to be with one since I don't think you can marry both. I know there are Bi guys that are 50/50 and I don't know how they end up being with one person rest of there live. I' am 100% gay so I don't know how guys that are 50/50 think and do.

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yes, all the time. The vast majority who are lucky enough to find life-long relationships are monogamous and cheat no more than straight and gay people do.

The ones who are polyamorous only do so with the consent of others in the relationship.

#2 Browncoat, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  3. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bisexual just simply means that they're romantically and/or sexually attracted to both genders. It doesn't mean that they require to date both genders to be happy.

4. guitar

I have 3 bi friends all happily married in monogamous relationships. 2 with the opposite gender, 1 same. There's a stigma that they'll go after the other sex to get that part of them they're missing.

5. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am bi, but I am strictly monogamous. I am more attracted to guys though, so I tend to fantasize more about them. However, if the right girl came along and was attracted to me, I wouldn't mind. She would have to put up with the fact that while I may admire guys, my loyalty would be to her. Bonus points if she is bi/pan because we will have a great understanding. :slight_smile: It's not that straight girls are out of the picture, but they would have to be affirming.

6. Cedar

Bi people are just like everyone else, some lie and cheat while others just want a long lasted relationship. Just because you're Bi does not mean that you're going to sleep around or be uncommitted. Bi people are just regular people that just so happen to like men and women.

7. DalArc9

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I guess Bi guys will find one person and stay with him or her for life. Like example if I Bi guy is with a guy he will always be with him and not dump him and go with a girl instead even if he thinks shes hot? Meaning he will stay with him for life no matter what?

8. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know you don't necessarily mean any offense, but this is a stereotype that needs to go. I have little, if any, desire to be polygamous.

If you ever find a man and marry him, will you continue to find other men attractive? I'd venture to say yes. Would you act on it? I'd hope not, unless that's your thing and your partner is on board with an open relationship. It's the same for bi/pan people. Only difference is we continue finding members of both sexes attractive.

9. DalArc9

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh ok I never understood how they think or so. I' am no way trying to be mean just learning more about them that's all.

10. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's okay to ask questions, that's how you learn. I just pointed out the stereotype, because it bugs me is all. If I'm in a relationship, I'm with THAT PERSON. I chose them over all the others.

If I'm with a guy, he should be especially flattered, as I picked him to love even over the "safer" option of being with a woman. Not to sound mean, but I gave up straight "privaledge" to be with him, because I love him, and want to be with him. :thumbsup: Screw society.

Same if I'm with a woman. I picked her over all the other straight/bi women, and gay/bi men, because I love her and want to be with her.

It's almost more special, in a way, dating a bisexual. If you think of it like that.

Love is love, no matter what form.:icon_bigg

11. DalArc9

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I can say that I had two guys in the past that I was with that were Bi and in a week they went with a girls instead and I can say one of them was my first bf so I was in tears. I never knew he was Bi but he was with me and then really in 7 days dumped me. Also I had after few boyfriends dated another Bi guy apparently since in 3 days went with a girl that I met on Zwinky. The first one I dated was from my high school thought and second was from a site. But this was years ago. After that I only decide to date guys that are mostly gay if they are Bi. But most guys I dated after were gay so had no problems like that anymore more. Are a lot of Bi guys are like that though or like you meaning would be with a guy even if you are 50/50?

12. BinMS

I am bi and polyamorous, but I have been in a monogamous hetro marriage for 20 years, and will remain in this marriage until I die. If my wife ever gets to where she can allow me to have a boyfriend that will be wonderful, if not I will not cheat on her.

13. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you sure those were serious relationships? I don't know the details, but it doesn't sound much like it.

Regardless, that's not your fault. What they did has nothing to do with you OR their sexuality. It's about them as a person, nothing more.

What exactly is it about us that you find gross? And weird? Why are bi women worse than us?(Not being confrontational, this is a genuine question)

14. DalArc9

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well those guys knew I was looking for a real boyfriend but just didn't know why they broke up with me since they found a girl instead. I been looking for serious relationships since I was 18 when I found out I was gay and Josh was the first guy and he was Bi but in a week he broke up with me and I was in tears so badly. Then after that I dated other guys but they lost interest in me even they were gay and there was another Bi guy I dated and he lost interest in me for some reason in 3 days since he found a girl. I can say the other times I got broken up I didn't get that sad but the first one I really got sad and crying I remember. I just didn't know if Bi guys are like that if they are 50/50. That's why I asked here about them.

15. thepandaboss

Yup. I'm very, very monogamous. Once I find a partner, for better or for worse, I'm loyal until it's over. Being bisexual doesn't necessarily mean you're less capable or more capable of monogamy. Just means your umbrella for potential partners is a little wider.

Also, 2sides, I hope you don't think I'm gross. But considering the fact that you seem to think all bi people are disgusting, I might have to feel the same way about you...

16. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bisexual means that you like both male and female genders. Just like someone can like both people with brown eyes and people with blue eyes.
    So, it doesnt mean that if you're bisexual and with a man that you will constantly be missing women. Just like you wont be constantly craving after people with brown eyes if your partner happens to have blue eyes.

Get it?

17. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^this...

18. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Uh, no. Bisexual people end up with who they like. Sometimes men. Sometimes women. A few never get married, and others have open marriages.

And I wouldn't equate percentages with someone's partner choice, although you'd expect most to feel pressured into opposite sex relationships.

19. DalArc9

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I am not trying to be mean or anything though since I' am a nice guy just that I had two guys I was with before did that to me but is it just that those two people were different than most Bi guys? Well to tell you the truth since then I got scared about being with someone that is 50/50 and only would date someone that is more than gay than straight.

#19 DalArc9, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  20. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was married for quite a few years and have two children and although I am no longer with my ex, we are still good friends. My bisexuality was always a non factor in my relationship and would be in any future relationship. I am 50/50 bi and am just as faithful than anyone other.

There is no rational reason to be worried about dating someone like me. The fact is if someone isn't compatible, things won't work out, and if a bi person cheats on you for another gender, then that isn't indicative that 50/50 bi people are untrustworthy but just that that one peson was a douche.

In my last relationship I had no compulsion to go with someone of a different gender to my partner over some misguided belief that I need to have both males and females to be satisfied anymore than a straight guy who likes, say Caucasian women and Asian women, needs to have both to be satisfied.

Happy days :slight_smile: