1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving On

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by radicalfondue, May 15, 2016.

1. radicalfondue

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am from south carolina and i will be graduating college in December. I have a uncle that lives in a big city and he is the only person that knows I am a lesbian. I am out here right now visiting him and he has taken me out to some gay bars and i love it! It is totally different than back home. I feel more free and can be myself. I have always dreamed about moving away to a bigger city. My uncle and I have been in talks about me moving out here when I graduate but have not really set in stone if i am going to do it or not. At home I am not able to truly be myself and live the way i want to. Don't get me wrong i love my family and they mean the world to me but i can not come out to them. I come from a very conservative christian family and i don't see them ever being able to accept me for who i truly am. If it wasn't for my grandparents and nieces and nephews i would not be second guessing myself on whether i should move or not. I don't want to miss this time with my grand parents or being there to watch my nieces and nephews grow up. I am so torn with this decision because i want to be able to be myself and by happy but then I don't want to miss the time with family.

2. hullaballoo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is there any way you can do a trial period? Like you spend a couple of months with your uncle, to see if you really feel like staying their for longer? It's always important to be yourself, but I understand that family is important as well. In all honesty, the city isn't going to move anytime soon, family is for now. Do what works for you, I hope it works out! (Sorry Im not much help)