1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is it, not meeting someone naturally?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by heythere999, May 10, 2016.

1. heythere999

I enjoy meeting someone "by chance," rather than through online, because you build up that sexual tension, that uncertainty, that makes the other person more desirable. That's a big reason why I would never really consider online. You look at pics and a bio of someone you find attractive, then meet up from there. It kind of ruins things, IMO. Never tried it though.

Anyone have any insight?

2. gryf

Don't do it that way.
    Chat for a while online.
    Ask questions, etc. Then meet.

3. Itisthefear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well meeting people online has many more surprises than what you think :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You might see an awesome profile and a very interesting bio, then you might meet up with that person and you might be completely surprised by what they turn out to be!!

Don't turn your back on it, for me meeting people from online has been the only way to find other gay people.

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you don't think online dating is for you, that's fine. You don't have to do it. :slight_smile:

5. PrettyinPunk

I agree with Aspen. There's plenty of other ways to meet people. I personally can't do online relationships. I need to physically be close to people to form a serious bond.

6. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I enjoyed online dating. I live in a very conservative college town and have a very busy life so meeting new people was a bit complicated for me. I wasn't interested in the people I met because I'm not a big fan of the partying, college scene. I've always held a job, gone to school and been more responsible than most of my peers. For that reason, I've always found myself dating, and befriending people older than me. Other than my coworkers, it was hard to meet these people. So, I did online dating for a while and ended up meeting several people who are great friends now. I also met my girlfriend of 2 years on a dating app.
    We talked for a while before we met up. Before meeting, we texted, sent pictures, flirted, etc. A lot of it has to do with how you go about it. I tried to get to know people beyond their profile and pictures before I decided to meet up with them. It also cuts down on the creep factor and make sure you are talking to the person you think you are.