1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Hate LGBT Culture

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 2Sides, May 6, 2016.

1. schaussey

Fighting for rights is never petty. We must draw the line at no discrimination, because the line will be drawn further and further back with our inaction. Today it might be bakeries, but it used to be all stores. It used to be all bathrooms. It used to be living was a crime, and it still is in many countries in the world. I experienced a ridiculous level of transphobia this year that honestly should have gotten my teacher fired. My band director told me that because of my gender identity, he was going to make me room with the girls on our band trip. He also made some vaguely threatening remarks, misgendered me and used slurs. Many people did think I was petty, but I wasn't going to be invalidated and I wasn't going to room with girls. I fought this and took it up with the principal and superintendent. It was eventually settled that he was violating my title IX rights and that he would have to let me room with other guys. I did not end up going on that trip, as he made more threatening remarks and continued to make me fear for my personal safety. Point is, even though that was just a stupid trip that I didn't even go on, or if it seems like it's just a cake, if we don't demand rights, we won't have any. We have to draw the line of what is ethical or else bigots will, and it won't be pretty for many of us. It already isn't easy for our trans brothers and sisters and siblings in NC, a prime example of why we need federal protections.

2. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Too much sex is everywhere, not just in the LGBT community. As for religion, I don't see why people can't have differing opinions just because they are both of the same religion. My sister and her husband are Methodists and they have a gay pastor.