1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of climate do you live in (and what do you prefer)?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Libertino, May 2, 2016.

1. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Four seasons with varying temperatures. It's goes from atleast -30°C in the winter to +30°C in the summer. We get an average amount of precipitation, but some summers are really dry, while some summers it rains all the time :/

I can't complain, although I'd prefer someplace that doesn't go above 20°C. I hate the heat.

2. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Quite a humid / warm climate, but not too hot to be uncomfortable most of the time. I don't really know what I prefer, I actually think I quite like the climate I live in now.

3. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lots of rain. No extreme temperatures, but warmer in summer and cooler in winter. Often a light breeze and overcast.

I really love the weather where I live because I am fairly safe (ie nothing extreme) and I like the rain and the cold. I would prefer it if we could miss summer altogether though. I'd quite like to live in Scotland where it's chillier, but I hate snow so I'm happy here.

4. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, it's supposed to be 4 seasons, but I'm starting to doubt that a bit. It seems more like 2 seasons now.

We have cold winters with lots of snow, though they start later and later each year. They also are very unstable. One day, it might rain, making the snow melt, while the next, there's a snowstorm blocking the road. It can go as low as -40 with the wind, sometimes, but that's rare.

Then, when the snow starts to melt for real, we're supposed to be entering spring, but we jump from -10 C to freaking 30+ degrees. So, yeah, spring might as well be dead.

Summers are horrible. Humidity is always super high, even reaching 100% sometimes. It can't go under 26 degrees Celsius for some reason, unless it rains, so I barely go out. Then, people say you ''don't have the right to complain about the heat because it was cold enough in the winter''. Yeah, except I would take winter all year long instead of those shitty summers.

Fall is a bit more present than spring is. It starts raining more and the temperature drops to about 10 degrees Celsius. We sometimes have snow at the end of fall, but it's getting rarer.

So, my ideal climate would be lots of snow with dry and tolerable heat. Like, nothing more than 25 degrees Celsius. Seems to be impossible to find now, though, with the global warming.

5. Naxams

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    IDK my climate but it's cold in the winter and got in the summer I like a cold climate

6. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I live in rainy England and I want to live in a dry, cool place with no sunshine

7. photoguy93

I live in Indiana, so it's spring one day and winter the next :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. haha.

In theory, we have all the seasons. I'm not old by any means, but I'm old enough to see the changes throughout the years - this past winter was pretty mild, but a few years back it was so cold that there was a solid week with advisories and warnings about staying inside. I think the temp dropped into the negatives most nights.

I am stuck on deciding what I would prefer. I love the water and warmer weather, but I also love snow. So maybe someplace that was summer then a few days of snow? haha.

8. England; Where it always rains.

Actually, our weather usually can't make up it's mind. One minute it's snowing, then hailing, then sunny, then raining, then thunderstorms... etc etc :lol:

9. owlcat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Same here! (I often feel like I'm living in a puddle. It's not a good feeling.)
    Are there any cloudy, cool, dry countries?

10. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately, not really. Dry climates usually have extremes: they get cold and cloudy in the winter and hot and sunny in the summer. Dry climates are rarely cool. Temperate climates are the ones that are "cool" and they tend to be humid and wet other times of the year.

11. owlcat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's true. The closest I could think of was Canada, but then that's only dry in winter and can get very humid in summer (much like Japan).
    Maybe some day in the future, they'll have manufactured environments - but then, I don't know how I'd feel about those.

12. ok455

We have 4 seasons here in Jersey, the summers are hott and winters are cold. I would prefer living somewhere with all year round summer.

13. guitar

Temperate: moderately cold winters, fairly hot summers.

I'd prefer 20 and sunny year round.

14. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I live in the netherlands and its mostly rainy and cold here lol. Luckily its getting a bit warmer this summer. I prefer living somewhere with snow because I love cold weather and snow

15. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in the land of Sunshine (Central California, USA) and it is a horrible climate. My favourite by and large is rain, overcast, with fair weather anywhere between 40-70 degrees Fahrenheit. Needless to say I'm moving to Washington, or at least the coast where I can be near the sea. I need water to survive.