1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ask her out without it being awkward?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dopplershift94, May 1, 2016.

1. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So,
    I'm the president of the LGBTQ club at my campus, and we're a really big club. There's this one girl who I have talked to a few times who has come to some of our meetings, but not all, and I'm kinda interested in her.

I know that she is bisexual, and I assume that she knows that I'm bisexual because I gave a presentation on it.

How do I ask her out so that if she says "no" that it is not uncomfortable for her to continue to come to our club?

Thanks!

2. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wait people have LGBT clubs?!
    In our school, people ripped the 'gay is ok' sign to pieces and put not in permanent marker lol...

In terms of asking her out, go for it.. If it doesn't go well then just apologise and ask if she is still coming..
    One person shouldn't affect her support of the LGBT community and if it does then, screw her (not literally but figuratively in the negative conitation)

3. Lyana

If the club is as big as you say, she should be able to attend without necessarily having to spend a lot of time talking to you, even if you are the president. After all, you said yourself you've only talked a couple times.

You could ask her out the way you would ask anyone and, if she says no and you're worried, stress that you hope she'll still come to the LGBT club meetings because you do really cool stuff and the point is that people are supposed to feel comfortable there.