1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are Your Thoughts On Circumcision?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Plattyrex, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plattyrex

I know this has definitely already been discussed on here, but I'm just so confused. Why are people okay with this? I'm jst reall confused, nobody who's pro-circumcision can explain why. I guess I'm curious about what you guys think. If there's someone who supports the practice, PLEASE explain to me why you do. I won't j I dge you or anything, I jst really want to know. It just makes such little sense to me.

2. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Completely pointless unless medical

3. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like my foreskin, and I like foreskin on other men.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I'm against circumcising young boys; I don't think "tradition" is a good enough argument to justify it. People are very much against female genital mutilation (both in extreme and less extreme forms), but people think less of the issue of male circumcision. If someone wants to be circumcised when they're older, that's up to them, but I'm against circumcising young, unknowing boys.

5. Plattyrex

Yeah, that always made me very upset. It's so nonsensical how society is with some of this stuff.

6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm against it. I find it completely unnecessary and it's a violation of the kid's rights to their body. It should not be permitted.

7. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm against it 100%. I was born in the US and it was done to me but not all the way. Flaccid I'm mostly covered and erect there is enough left that leaves the most sensitive tissue exposed and been an issue with over stimulation. Doing it has no purpose and I would punch and swing and be held down before I would allow my son to be mutilated.Sorry I wasn't good at answering your question. Doing it has more risk than leaving intact. I'll quit rambling. Hahaha

8. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Against it ... 110%

9. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do not support routine infant circumcision. This practice is almost unique to America; other countries don't do it and they don't have huge problems with penile diseases. I would only support circumcising a child in the case of severe phimosis (although keep in mind the foreskin is naturally tight in young childhood) or in places with AIDS epidemics and circumcision is a last resort to prevent the spread of AIDS. Otherwise I don't support it and I am glad my parents left me intact.

#10 Libertino, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  10. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

It's honestly stupid and a violation on the child's body without consent. The only people who should be getting are those who choose to, for whatever reason that may be. Not forced to. To justify mutilating a child's genitals using religion without their knowledge is disgusting.

11. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I grew up in a family that was for it. I'm on the fence swaying toward against it because while it is traditional I also don't see much of a point to circumcision unless it was for medical reasons. Studies have shown that it doesn't really effect hygiene but circumcised is easier to clean. But there is no medical reason usually for circumcising a newborn.

12. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family strongly supports it, but I do not. Which is kind of humorous when you think about it. A transgender person having sex-reassigment-surgery which could drastically improve their life is an abominable "genital mutilation" but cutting off a piece of an unknowing infant's genitals for no medical reason is completely acceptable.

The only support for circumcision that I have see is (a) tradition or (b) religion, such as Christianity. Even though, technically, you can't use Christianity as just cause, because the whole idea of physical circumcision was reinterpreted in the New Testament of the Bible. It was a tradition established by the early Israelites to serve as symbolism for future Christians, in that they should display a "circumcision of the heart" and ultimately that the flesh didn't matter. I digress...

I can understand where those who condone circumcision are coming from, but I don't agree with it.

13. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am circumcised, it was a family / tradition thing - I can't remember how young I was and yeah I didn't have a say in it.

I am completely against the idea that this is forced upon anyone at a young age without their consent like I was, I remember being so scared at the time - when I knew what was happening to me (but didn't fully understand it)

Despite all this, as an adult - I like my the way my penis looks and feels, and it feels weird saying that - and probably sounds contradictory.

14. Gay1234

Against it. The baby who gets circumcised does not have the decision to get circumcised and it is total mutilation.

15. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really care one way or the other to be honest. If you are than cool, if you aren't then cool.

Everyone in my family who has a penis has been. My brother actually had to go through it twice as they messed up the first time. We like to tease him about it. But everyone was a baby when it happened and doesn't remember it being done. Doing it on a young child seems far more traumatic.

To be honest, circumcision is pointless. It only became a popular thing because a religious but decided that it would stop the sinful youth for masturbation. These days it's thinking along the lines of "Well mine is and his out to look like mine." Its just become normal in some parts of the country (not sure bout world though.)

You know there is an entire Adam Ruins Everything video about this topic.

But hey, at least you people with penises only had foreskin nipped off. What they did to stop vagina owners from masturbating was far worse (hint, it included burning part of body with acid).

#16 Matto_Corvo, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't care either way, personally.

I will say that provided the individual getting one is a newborn, I don't really see much point in opposing it (provided it's done by a medical professional, I suppose). It's not like they'll remember it or be traumatized by it.

17. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally agree with you.

Saying it is a "tradition" or "God wants it" isn't a good justification. If you are an adult, you can do it, but don't force children into that.

18. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No offense, but that is not a joking matter IMHO. Mutilation is mutilation however it is done and how little or large it is. I'm not saying genital mutilation in terms of vaginas isn't wrong. But so it penis mutilation.

I'm all for giving the child the choice to get it done no matter how painful it might be when he comes to an age where he can clearly understand the pros and cons for himself.

19. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.