1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Amlm18, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Amlm18

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone!,

This is the first LGBT forum I have ever joined, after a while of being unsure of what I "am".

I have a friend, a female friend since primary 7.

Over the years we have became closer and closer and I have developed feelings, I don't know what these feelings are but there definetely there. I have feelings like I can't leave her if theres a problem I have a urge to help her.

When she touches me I get a tingly feeling and the urge to go home after every day together makes it harder than expected. I find myself giving her looks when shes not looking.

A couple of nights ago, I had a dream that I was me still but I "came out".

I don't know what to do.I don't know who I am or what I want.

Any help is thanked.

2. Lyana

Hi AmIm18, welcome to EC. You've picked the right place for your first LGBT forum. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Hope you enjoy it here! Don't hesitate to browse the forums and see if others have been in a similar situation to yours. There's a lot about coming out -- to yourself and others -- on here.

A few things that might help you get started:

• Are you anxious about the idea of not being straight? That could slow things down quite a bit and make them more confusing, if part of yourself is rebelling against the idea and unwilling to accept it. It's pretty common, though, so don't worry. Hang around a little here and you'll realize people are people, regardless of orientation, and you can have a great life and like other girls.
    • Right now, the focus is not on "What do I do?" That can come later. There's never a rush to come out, especially not if you're worried about it (and other things).
    • There are a few questions you can ask yourself to figure out your orientation. Things like: Have you ever had a crush (count your friend if you think it is a crush; it sounds like one!), and if so what gender(s) were they? Do you sometimes meet people you're attracted to, and what gender(s) do they tend to be? Think about your friend: would you like to kiss her, go out with her, and/or be romantic with her? Or have you ever felt those things for another person?
      All of these questions are what orientation is about: the gender of people you like/can fall in love with/want to go out with, nothing more and nothing less.

It's fine if you don't have the answers to these right now. They're just a starting point. The process can be long for some people, or it can be very fast. Meanwhile, we're here. :slight_smile: