1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Your thoughts on Bernie Sanders political revolution.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Carpe noctem 16, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Simple Thoughts

Now that Trump is doing a general election pivot I have to say something crazy.

I kinda want him to win.

Jimmy Dore made this argument better than I could, but let me explain.

If Trump takes the white house the left will be united against him and by the time the next election runs around the democrats ( and hopefully more independents ) will have taken both the house and the senate which sets up Sanders pretty well for a strong third party run in 2020.

So basically if we can survive 4 years of Trump than we'd be in strong position for a radical overhaul of the system in its entirety.

2. Psaurus918

Sanders actually won in almost every county in upstate NY. It's the first time I've actually been proud of upstate.

I've said this before and I'll say it again I really, really, really DONT want to vote for Hilary but she's still better than Trump or Cruz even if it's only by a margin.

3. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is never a good time for change. Desegregation was not easy, pleasant revolution for the U.S. Women's suffrage and the American woman's rights movement was an embarrassment to the United States. Same-sex marriage is an extreme idea a few years ago and it still is. We were never ready for any change or revolution. We are never going to be "ready." That does not mean that we should stop.

Sanders' stances can bring about a real change, in many different ways. I am not giving up just because people say I should. I will not give up my goals and dreams just because they are difficult to achieve. I have looked into Sanders' and his issues and made my decision. If someone better comes along I might change my choice. But I believe that it is morally wrong to give up on bettering ourselves and our fellow citizens because our country is not ready.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ready, in a way, meaning that people aren't yet fed up enough.

5. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm "fed up enough." Other people are, too. People are therefore "fed up enough."

#85 KaySee, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most people are still complacent. Or else we'd actually have done something by now.

---------- Post added 26th Apr 2016 at 10:18 PM ----------

...and we wouldn't have >50% of people voting for more of the status quo... Aka Hillary.

7. SkyDiver

The only reason why I'll be rooting for Trump to win in November is so that I can see her slimy face curl up into oblivion when she realizes that she came this far only to suffer such a crushing defeat. Bernie's done an amazing job being the biggest pain in her ass this entire campaign, but it's nothing compared to what Trump's going to pull with her.

Either way, I don't see much hope for the United States with either of them.

#87 SkyDiver, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's safe to say that Cruz is out of realistic contention (thankfully). But in the choice between Clinton or Trump, at least Trump is a complete selfish idiot. He only wants to enrich himself and he will charge like a bull at any methodology he thinks will achieve that.

I get the feeling that Clinton is more sinister in her pursuit of power. She's willing to step on anyone and everyone in order to get to the WH, and why? Could be pure vanity like Trump, but she doesn't have as much money as the Donald, and is more susceptible to bribes from companies with much more harmful intentions.

Some people are saying Trump will "unify" the democratic party and maybe some conservatives against him. IMO, party unity is not a good thing. A sense of solidarity as a nation is one thing, but politically, we need dissension. No single platform will have all the answers and people need to realize that in the two-party system, the elite win and everyone else loses. It's why Trump and Sanders are causing such a stir-- they're out of establishment control and that worries people who gain from the way things are.

#88 Argentwing, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  9. Psaurus918

I do think Hilary is playing dirty to get to the White House but once she gets there I doubt she has any ill intentions. Putting their personalities aside I don't agree with anything Trump says. Hilary might be a liar and a political rat but she won't lead this country into a poor divided dump like Trump will. He might be less religious than Cruz (which is nice) but the dude still thinks spending billions if not trillions on building a wall is a "good" idea, we don't need that type of idiocy.

Also Trump the bankruptcy king who over exaggerates his net worth which I believe is only around 300-400 million, who loves and is obsessed with money wouldn't take bribes?! Lol yeah ok.

10. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hillary has a problem. Her UNfavorability ratings are increasing by double digits, now at 55.6% and steeply climbing...

She is only slightly better than Trump at 63.6% unfavorable, also climbing significantly...

These are general population numbers, not among registered democrats or republicans..

#90 greatwhale, Apr 27, 2016
  11. Simple Thoughts

I disagree completely.

I think once she gets in the white house the first thing she'll do is laugh at all the idiots who think she's going to lift a finger for them. The next thing she'll do is wait for Wall street to call with her orders and then enact policies that they want.

Not to mention she's a bloodthirsty war monger who wants more death and bloodshed in the middle east than we already have.

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One almost certain consequence of (the very real possibility) of her losing to Trump would be to viciously blame Bernie Sanders (just like they blamed Ralph Nader for George W. Bush's win in 2000), and consequently discourage any future grassroots organization from ever "contaminating" the sanctity of the Democratic Party for a long time. Remember also that the whole superdelegate system was put in place after George McGovern's crushing defeat in 1972. He also was a Populist candidate.

This is the very real reason why they are now asking Bernie to "tone it down" when it comes to criticizing Hillary and drop out of the race, he will be a convenient scapegoat if he does the exact opposite.

Of course, they will never, ever scrutinize Hillary's considerable weaknesses and vulnerabilities as a candidate...O tempora, O mores...

#92 greatwhale, Apr 27, 2016
  13. Simple Thoughts

Oh well most bernie people are more than aware of what they are up to. I don't think it'll work that easily. The most it will accomplish is keeping the establishment voters too afraid to attempt any real change, but they already are that way.

Change is inevitable at this point. The millennials want it in mass, and all the new voters are coming in with a focus on the right issues. It's only a matter of time before the system gets a dramatic overhaul at this point.

Personally I'd love to see the fire behind the Sanders campaign get turned towards the Senate and the house. If we made a strong on the ground run to try and put clean democrats and independents in the senate and house we could pass some real reforms and get this country back on track.

14. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meanwhile, Ted Cruz picks Carly Fiorina as his running mate. How desperate can they get?

[​IMG]

15. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that Social Democrats need to become a party, like they are in many other countries.

16. Simple Thoughts

I'm slowly working my way back to political apathy for the next 4 years. I'll turn on my give a crap in 2020. Until then there's nothing to get excited for.

I probably won't bother voting at all. I can't on principle vote for Clinton, and Trump's a con-man who is lacking a brain.

I figure Clinton will take the presidency, we'll go 'steady as she goes' right over the cliff and in the aftermath of the trainwreck that will be Clinton in office maybe, just maybe enough people will wake up to effectively change the broken system.

Though in all honesty I see congress going hard after Net Neutrality in the years to come with the scare that Sanders gave them.

17. Carpe noctem 16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I totally agree with you!!

18. photoguy93

One thing that infuriates me - ABSOLUTELY infuriates me - is when people say "I just won't vote now, it won't matter!" Oh wait a minute, it matters only when it's Bernie? Wake up people, this is what causes the problems we have! I know the system is messed up, but look what Sanders supporters have done! They came within spitting distance of defeating Hilary, one of the biggest political names of our time. That says something!

If this was, say, Bernie and Hilary vs. a sane moderate republic, I'd be singing a different tune. This is Trump......we cannot act like toddlers and goof around.

19. Plattyrex

Hilary is a sociopath who would be in jail for the rest of her life if she wasn't rich privileged politician. She isn't much better than Trump.

20. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If Hillary's favorability declines further, as many expect it will, she will soon flounder into "unelectable" territory...the convention is in July, a lot will happen between now and then, don't count Bernie out quite yet, the DNC has been phenomenally unfair to Sanders, but the plain fact is: Whenever independents are allowed to vote, the majority of them, 43% of the population, votes for Bernie. This fact will not be lost on those superdelegates who face the real possibility that Clinton could lose to a very unpredictable Trump. In current polls, Bernie beats trump by double-digits, not so for Hillary...

You need look no further than the results he gets in states where independents are allowed to vote, he wins, and convincingly. He just won Rhode Island because of that.