1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bluneighborhood, Apr 19, 2016.

1. bluneighborhood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm starting to warm up to the idea of coming out. None of my family seems homophobic ( except my aunt, who is clearly homophobic. oh well. ) and my friends aren't either. Actually, my friends are the main reason I want to come out. They keep pressuring me about what guys I think are cute and why I don't have a crush yet. It gets pretty annoying. Anyways, but I'm afraid that I'm still not ready. The past two times I thought I was ready, I wasn't and I pushed myself back into the closet kinda. I'm afraid the same thing will happen this time.

This was all over the place,oops. :smilewave

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey. I think that it is great that you are warming up to the idea of coming out! This time might be different if you feel that strongly. However, let me say that it will only happen when you are ready and that you will know when you are. (*hug*)

3. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to my parents, and I am transgender. It's way harder for transgender people to come out, as a family members can believe that they are "losing" a person entirely.

At first, I thought my parents were anti-LGBT, but they do understand that I am their child and that they will always love me and be supportive. Thus, you can tell yourself that your situation is not the worst and that with time, your family will understand who you are. Good luck! (And update us once you come out!)

4. PhillipA

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are who you make you, basing it on your experience and as others influence you and as you make any sense out of any of it all at all. Are you cute ? Are you ugly ? Are you in between ? Does it even matter ? Life in sex does not pay the rent and does not buy food. You have to make a decision as to what you want. Sex is another matter, or, for some, is the whole thing, but they get too old to matter. I see such with my own eyes. Be my buddy and I will make sure you will be loved. You will survive.

---------- Post added 19th Apr 2016 at 03:01 PM ----------

#4 PhillipA, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  5. JiminyJordy

JiminyJordy Guest

Age means a lot when you're coming out so don't feel pressured into making a hasty decision. I'm not sure how old you are, but your situation with family sounds favorable. Your circle of support is in place so now comes the time to dig deep and find your inner courage.

6. Silvermind

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was in a place kind of like you before I came out to my friends. They were constantly, constantly talking about guys, and male celebrities, and who they thought was hot. It was annoying, but anyways, I agree that you should make sure you are comfortable with your sexuality, and if you think that being in the closet is making your situation worse, then you shouldn't have to stay there any longer. Good luck!

7. SpTara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You will feel when you are ready.

Is there one special friend or family member? If this is the case, maybe you could try to come out to this person, see how you feel and then... Step by step.

It's your life and your privacy, so you can do it as and when you feel like it, you don't have to come out to everybody at the same time. If you are afraid that some people could get upset for not being "the first ones knowing", you can explain them that this is not about them, it's about you, that it's not easy and you are the one to feel/decide when to do it. I don't know if I 've explained myself correctly. Hope so.

Good luck and please, keep us updated!