How important is someone's weight to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kodo, Apr 16, 2016.

1. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I draw the line at curvy (for women) and builtfat (for men).

2. Atreyo

Atreyo Guest

Great post. It was very informative. Not even I really knew some of what you stated.

3. LHecW

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I love this post :slight_smile: Since joining my local running club it's easy to see how wrong the whole 'healthy = skinny' mindset actually is. One of my friends ran her 43rd marathon in a year last Sunday and BMI still puts her at overweight/obese!
    In fact a lot of my friends would appear to be on the 'heavier' side but are in fact really healthy, even with what they eat - it's just body shape and if there's muscle underneath (which is my case with cycling & kickboxing).

4. Atreyo

Atreyo Guest

Yeah, being thin definitely does not mean one is healthy. Before I got into dancing, I was very out of shape even though I wanted to exercise but couldn't find anything that stuck.

Since August 2012, i've been dancing nearly everyday; sometimes for hours at a time. It's fun to learn new things, even the physical.

5. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't like excessively thin guys~ The sight of protruding bones on places where they aren't supposed to protrude scare me. I think an "average" body is okay- not too thin and not really fat. It's not that big of a deal if I feel an intense emotional connection though. I'd rather fret over how they take care of themselves and their own personal hygiene regimen.

6. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can say this sex is better when you're skinny. :slight_smile:

7. DiamondLife2016

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never really cared what my partner weighs within a reasonable range for my type. I mean I have dated Skinny girls and thicker girls and in-between, I dont mind.. I am not that small of a woman either so I dont judge. I feel if they dont like their body then do something about it is all.. :icon_bigg

8. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For myself, my weight is very important to me, because I want to be in the best shape I can be and I just don't feel well if I eat poorly or don't exercise. Because of that, my partner's weight (and overall health, I wouldn't want to date a skinny person who doesn't take care of herself) is important to me too because I want her to encourage me to be healthy, and I can encourage her.

For strangers, apart from wanting people to be healthy, I don't care too much. It's their own lives, and as long as their willing to accept the consequences of their weight, they can make their personal decisions better than I can. I just dislike when fat people blame their metabolism or say that being overweight is healthy, because 99%+ of the time, people can lose weight and they need to take responsibility for themselves.

9. Morse Code

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not at all important to me.

10. eMei

I'm not attracted to people who are very overweight or obese. I don't care about the actual number, just the aesthetic honestly.

#50 eMei, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  11. timo

Let's be honest - I'm usually not attracted to people of above-average weight.

I'm not going with this iT'S uNHEaLTHY!!!!!-crap. They're just not my type.

12. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sort of. If I stare at you and keep on telling myself that you need to lose weight, there's a problem. That said, it's more of a visual preference than a numerical preference. Conversely, if you're too skinny and bones are showing, same thing.

#52 Randy, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  13. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i used to be a bit overweight, but i lost alot over the previous year. Im the normal weight atm, which im happy for, but I still wanna lose more. I dont mind if the otherperson wasnt thin or muscular. i care more about the person on the inside. but I do think that sixpacks are hot lol.

14. SimonSnow

Ummm well as a younggggg teenager I tend to go for larger people my age bc it's closer to what I want but what I want is people older than me. So it's more about body size and maturity.

15. Warkupo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm more a face person. Infectious smile, alluring eyes, cute hair, etc. Abs or flabs don't matter as much to me. I do have my own personal body image issues. I'm on the thin side, not extremely, but I am underweight. In fact, according to the responses on this thread, I'm not that attractive, body wise. lol Hugs for all the skinnier and stockier people. <3

My family still can't believe I'm still the same weight as I was in high school. I'd love to gain like 15lbs though. Please don't hit me! People seem to hate me when I say that. lol

16. Atreyo

Atreyo Guest

I know how you feel. I could gain more than a few pounds myself lol.

17. Ashley2103

Very important.

18. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Weight is very important to me. A few years back I had a friend that had no weight at all. Whenever we went out I had to tie a rope around his leg incase it was windy. Eventually it became too much of a burden on the friendship and so one day I just let go of the rope. Sadly he got tangled up in a local wind farm and I never heard from him again.

19. coolestalien

when it comes to my own, weight is pretty important as i have many mental illnesses and i experience a lot of self hate along with disordered eating, but when it comes to someone else, i don't really care. i'd love someone for them, and if they're fine with their weight and aren't life threateningly under/overweight, then it's a-okay with me. (although i have to say i feel like i'm more attracted to chubbier or thicker or pudgier girls, but it honestly doesn't matter)

#59 coolestalien, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  20. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes I think this is an important point to make in the spoiler. Any comments I made relating health and weight were very much based on the arguments that had already been brought up. I did mention in my first post acknowledgement that different people have different natural body weights and shapes, and you can sort of tell because it suits them. Being around your natural weight is really the ideal for me. I've liked people of many different builds and I don't really rank these different builds - they're part of the person.