1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you overcome a straight crush?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shadstack, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

2. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my opioun you don't need to get rid of a straight crush unless you really don't want to seem straight or even bi a crush cannot be really overcome it's dangerous to try and date someone because you could hurt them due to feelings for this person. The best way to overcome this crush is well ask them out if people know you for being gay and your afraid of what they will think if you date a girl don't tell them and if your only out to some people then they should understand your a person be who you want if no one is going to be hurt do it

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Time.

A while ago, I had a major crush on a coworker, and every time I saw him my mind would go straight to the gutter. In addition, he was a very funny guy that had such a bright personality.

I still see him at work, but it took me a while to accept that I won't be in a relationship with him. He actually knows that I'm gay, and is totally cool with it.

4. mochii

I agree, time. You have to keep reminding yourself that this person will never have reciprocal feelings, no matter how much you believe they will. And have hope that you meet someone that will love you for who you are.

5. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

It's just this bit that gets to me. I see him so often that it's to not think about him a lot. I can't distance myself since he's in so many of my classes, including PE (in the changing rooms).

great bod 10/10

6. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

it's hard to*

7. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Join le Club. He is in all but 1 of my classes. I don't think it is bad to have a straight crush. It is just inconvenient for oneself. Regardless, just think of why it would be awful with him and go from there. 1) he is straight (probably) , 2) does he have a decant personality , 3) what he thinks of you , etc ..
    This probably isn't much help but I do my best...

8. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Time and distance will help you get over anything.

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2016 at 01:21 PM ----------

I've definitely had this problem. I had/have feelings for a girl I work with at a summer job, and during the winter i mostly forget about her, but every summer when we get back to work and we start spending time together I get all screwed up again.

Only thing I could suggest is to maybe try to find someone else to crush on. If you open yourself up to the possibility of others, it might make this crush a bit more bearable. I know that's hard.

9. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

Hey, thanks for the advice. Could you check out this new thread I made? It kind of goes a bit more into detail.

Link: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gener...et-over-crush-you-cant-distance-yourself.html

#9 Shadstack, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016