1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know if I like women anymore! Please Help?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by The lost female, Apr 14, 2016.

1. The lost female

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a 25 year old woman and I've been dating women for almost 5 years but I don't know what I want any more and need some advice!!!

I knew I was attracted to girls from the age of 15 but I hid it from everyone for a long time. I was still attracted to men but i always had women in the back of my mind.

At the age of 21 i was dating this guy, he was good looking and really nice guy but when he would touch me all i could think of was "eww get off me" after that decided to explore my feelings for women and i loved it!!!

I came out as bi to my family and friends but I have only dated women since and now I identify as a lesbian. Over these 5 years I've had the occasional drunk fun with men but I've had no interest in being in a relationship a with one at all. I've dated many women but I've only had one serious relationship with a one who I loved and adored and it took me about a year to fully get over her.

However now these feelings for men have slowly started to creep in more and more over the past 2 months, I thought nothing of them at first and now I can't seem to shake them. I'm beginning to be less attracted to women and more attracted to men.... I'm scared that I don't like women any more!!! It's giving me anxiety and depression!!! I don't know who I am? Will my love for women come back? I'm so lost and confused!!!

I need help!!!!

2. Andreana21

Hello,

I'd like to tell you that, you have only one life, and that things don't always go one way or another. You say you liked men and women, then you weren't interested in guys at all, only in women, and now your feelings for men are increasing while those for women are decreasing, right? Well, there is no problem with that.
    Experiment. You might be just really fluid. Sexuality is unstable for many people. But you make it sound like you want to be a lesbian. Sexual orientation is unique for everyone. Maybe sometimes you'll like both genders equally. Maybe like for 5 years you'll have a preference for men, then for women. Maybe for another period you'll feel that you're attracted to only one gender.
    You could take the Klein Grid or the Kinsey scale test to figure that out. But in my opinion, the anwers are always going to be different each time you take it. Still, don't worry about it. If you find a partner whom you're happy with, that's all that matters. Labels are not as important as we think they are.

Hope it helped :slight_smile:

#2 Andreana21, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016