1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have a girlfriend but im 99% sure im gay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by theodore, Apr 14, 2016.

1. theodore

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    id like to preface this to say im only fourteen so obviously i dont need this figured out! it is just stressing me out that with each day, im leading her on .
    another note, weve been formally together for five months now.
    so i have a girlfriend- i really like her, love her, but i think its just as a close friend. we connect, we laugh together and we've kissed but i just dont feel a whole lot of anything.. which makes me feel guilty because she always says she would be lost without me and stuff and its scary for me to be doubting whether im into girls full stop!

anyway, i was wondering if i could get any advice on talking to her about this?

thanks!
    theo

2. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should tell her how you feel. I kinda figured I was a lesbian in high school but never said anything to my then boyfriend whom I dated for the 4 years of high school. I didn't find out until 20 years later that he was gay and going through the same issues I was. Imagine if we had just been open and talked to each other? If she's a good friend...talk to her.

3. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, definitely tell her! It sounds like you guys are very close, and I'm sure that she will be understanding. The fact that the relationship feels more like friendship to you is probably apparent to her on some level. Especially since you've kissed - I don't imagine it's very passionate when you do.