1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

was there one person who made you realise your sexual orientation?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Dobby, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Dobby

Out Status:
    A few people
    was there one person who made you realise your sexual orientation?

was it a real person/celeb?
    was it a few people/other?
    do they know?

just curious :slight_smile:

2. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I'm still figuring out my own orientation but I realized I'm probably not entirely asexual thanks to this one Latin American guy. I met him something similar to AirBnB when I was traveling in his country. He was super nice and handsome guy who actually reminded quite a lot of me except he is more social than I am.

Anyways, the second last night of my stay he started making advances on me in a shared bed. (I thought it was weird when he wanted to sleep in the same bed but I had no idea that he was gay or let alone interested in me.) Initially I said no but then thought that I live only once so why not to relax and see where it goes. We didn't have sex but had otherwise very intimate last two nights and I quite enjoyed the experience.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was seeing a girl at the time which after it ended, I looked into why it didn't work, and maybe it's because I'm not straight.

After talking to a bunch of people of how they found out they weren't straight, it became clear to me that I wasn't straight either.

4. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep! It was a girl I work with. I was initially attracted to her, which I kind of just brushed off, but 3 years and lots of self-discovery later, I still have these feelings, therefore it's obviously not just "a hormonal imbalance". That sounds so stupid but that's initially what I thought was going on.
    Since then I've had a celebrity crush, and a bit of a crush on another girl.

The last girl I was attracted to knew that I was because we met on a dating app, so it was pretty clear that I was looking for a woman. It didn't really go anywhere.

The girl I work with, honestly, I've never told her I was interested in girls, and I actually told her once about this guy I dated for like 2 months. I got the vibe that she was surprised to hear me talking about a guy, and before I told her about him, she had told me she hoped we would be working together more. The way she said it came across as very un-friendshipy to me. She didn't make eye contact when she said it and she kind of moved her weight back and forth between her feet and ran her hand through her hair.

So I think she might have been showing interest in me? It's so hard to say, I don't want to read into things that aren't there.

But if she didn't ever have any suspicions, she'll know soon. I'm going to come out to her when we start work in a few weeks (it's a seasonal summer job).

How about you? Did anyone in particular make you question? :slight_smile:

5. afgirl

I was out with a friend from work having drinks. Yes, I knew she was a lesbian, but I didn't know she was interested in me like that, even though I had a girl crush on her that I couldn't quite understand. Anyway, in the middle of a bar full of rednecks, she leaned in and kissed me and I haven't been the same since.

6. wanderinggirl

Yes. I didn't feel like my feelings clicked with anyone til I fell for a friend who was a girl. That changed stuff for me. I guess that's a pretty uncommonly extreme case of what you're talking about.

I was her classmate for a couple months before something changed: I'd never had a crush like that before. Before, I'd sort of either forced or overthought or overanalyzed crushes on guys, but with her it just all made sense at once, and I wanted her emotionally and physically and in every other way. I wanted to raise kids with her. I wanted a whole life with her. Of course, there were many ways in which we didn't connect and that crush ultimately died down, but that opened me up emotionally to the idea that I might be into women.

7. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. Just a bit of context though: realising I was trans came much later after this. This was around the time I thought I was a cis girl and was figuring out my orientation. She was the one person who made me realise I like girls for sure.

I actually had feelings for her for quite a few years. We had a really close friendship but after a long time of denial it was so obvious that I liked her way more than a friend. Sounds cliche, but I was super in love with her more than I had ever been with anyone before (or actually, since.) Although figuring out that I actually do very much like girls and she wasn't some type of anomale was more complicated, she's pretty significant in the context of things. After a long, long time I had to move on because she wasn't going to feel the same way back. We're still friends though.

8. Andreana21

I like your question.

Well, at the beginning, when I started questionning, there wasn't someone in particular. But then sometimes, when I told myself ''Come on, wake up, you don't swing that way!'', there was always a girl that made ''proved me wrong.'' I had a major crush on the daughter of one of my mother's friends. And there's Cara Delevingne. This woman is gorgeous and simply amazing.

9. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. I'm bi :wink:

10. gabjiao

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mine was Goku from Dragonball Z XDDDDDD

11. Majush93

Out Status:
    Some people
    I started realizing that I am not that straight back in high school :grin: it started when I not only imagined that I was dating a guys but also some girls who I knew...but I was in denial and I told myself over and over again that I am just curious, I couldn´t be not straight...I liked boys! It´s funny to me now because I was supporting lgbt people from young age, I never found them "wrong" or something like that, I totally accepted them but I couldn´t accept myself...it´s sad actually :/

But! Few years later (actually last year xD) I finally accepted myself as bi and it was because of my good friend. She and me really get on well and once when we were saying goodbye to each other I wanted to hug her and when she left for her bus I realized that I wouldn´t mind being in relationship with her, I wouldn´t mind being with a girl as much as I don´t mind being in a realationship with a boy ;D

so I had a little crush on her, she is really cute btw, and funny xD but she is also younger and I don´t think it could work and somehow my crush on her just disappeared but she left me something more important, she was the final push to accepting myself :slight_smile:) and it was the best thing in the world, I was so happy that someone actually asked me if I have a boyfriend because I am glowing with happiness and always smiling :grin: I just told them "I don´t need another person to make me happy" and in mind I thought - I just needed to accept and love myself first :wink:))