1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

attending a church soon, advice please?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by atomic dorito, Apr 11, 2016.

1. atomic dorito

Hey it's Dorito, I'm attending a possible new church soon, How should I behave? I don't know where they stand on gay people, and I don't know how they would act towards it. i'm not going to tell them, but eventually they would find out. don't take this the wrong way, but how do I hide my sexuality for a while? i've been kicked out of three churches for my preference and i don't want to make it four. any tips to hide it? it'll be hard because i have a short haircut with shaved sides and I like to let my eyes wander... please give some tips...:help::eusa_doh:frowning2:*hug*):confused:

2. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, I see your only 15, so my first question would be what do your parents think about your sexuality/are they church goers?

Regarding hiding your sexuality, i know its not what you want to hear, but id say don't. I don't say this because it's "wrong" to keep that information to yourself, but it will only delay the inevitable and you say you don't want to be kicked out of a forth church.

The best thing to do is to be upfront with the church and ask outright--this will be painful, I know, but it will save worse pain in the long run.

#2 ThatRangerGirl, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  3. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will agree with this.

Why would you want to be part of a church that doesn't share your beliefs and wants to judge you? Maybe if you do some research you could find a local church or group that will accept you for what really matters. Don't forget, church doesn't own the rights to your faith and beliefs so you don't have to rush this or make unfair compromises.

4. TheLionRoars360

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with the above statements.

5. nate16

I would also consider visiting their website!

6. Careboobear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are churches out there that accept lgbtq people. Just find the one that is right for you!

7. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try contacting your local LGBT support group and ask them about which churches are LGBT friendly.
    I do know the Quakers (society of friends) are very good. Personally I'm an atheist but I know a lot of people find religion a great help in their life.
    Best of lick in your search.