1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I love being gay (and a girl)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ThatRangerGirl, Apr 10, 2016.

1. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't know why, to be honest, but a lot of people I know, religious or otherwise just hate being homosexual. They admit they are, but in there mind it's this huge defect.

Me?

I'd hate not being a gay girl.

Why I love being a lesbian

(Disclaimer, everything below is my opinion, and I'm sure there are some great reasons to be a guy or to be a straight girl/gay guy. These are simply the reasons I love being a girl/a lesbian)

(1) girl's are so much kinder than guys. (at least in my experience) they are sweet and caring. Girls are loving and compassionate. We help each other when we're down, and when we're up again we have the time of our lives together.

(2) we have beautiful fragility. What do I mean by beautiful fragility? I mean we're really emotional, irrational, weepy, in need of love and so willing to return it. Some people find this highly emotional nature obnoxious but I just find it beautiful. Emotion is humanity in its rawest form and girls expose it so fully, whereas guys just bottle it up. As I said girls are care givers, and that is beautiful too, and without an excess of emotions we just wouldn't care.

(3) girls are much more sexual than most guys give us credit for. That's not to say we meet the opposing stereotype of being over sexual sluts. But girls have a need for sex, just like guys, albeit for different reasons. I won't have sex until in fully transitioned (facework, hormones, vaginoplasty) basically I won't have sex until I'm at least 90% passable naked. (Fortunately I have a bodythat will allow for this) in any case, I'm a virgin but when I do have sex I don't want it to be with a stranger. I want it to be with a girl I've known and been in love witj for years. I want it to be a gift to her, in showing myself naked physically I'm giving her my everything, physically and emotionally. This is me at my most exposed, and she will be the first to ever see me this way because I love her and trust her and want to share myself with her this way. It's the most precious gift I could give her. The physical side of sex still matters of course, but it isn't the emphasis. It's a vehicle for the other. I think in this way girls are very, very sexual, just like guys, even though it's for a different reason.

(4) regarding the more physical side of sex, are just so damn sexy. We're hot, no doubt about it. All those curves, and smooth skin. Perfume and styled hair. Girls are hot.

(5) that brings me to cosmetics, fashion and grooming.
    As girls we get to style our hair, wear cute clothes and jewelry, wear makeup and perfume and just have a great time looking good. And I'd never give this up, because looking good feels awesome. Even though I'm not yet transitioned physically, sometimes just between grooming and clothes I feel sexy. I've even been told I pass in person (from a distance) I'd I do my cosmetics right and hair right. I just love fashion and cosmetics, both on me AND on other girls.

(6) funny and witty Girls have great senses of humor, and can come up with some of the funniest (but least hurtful) jokes ever. I love humor to much to give this up.

(7) intelligent-- girls might be irrational, but we're more book smart, when it comes to science, math, history etc. Science has shown that the average girl is smarter than the the average boy (presuming the same level of education.) Although to be fair, science has also shown that at the extreme end a gifted man will be more intelligent than a gifted woman.

(8) to some up girls are kind, caring, beautiful (physically and emotionally) funny and intelligent. Who wouldn't want this package? That's why I love being a girl and also love being a lesbian.

#1 ThatRangerGirl, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  2. Schloss

Out Status:
    Some people
    I love being gay as well. I know my life would have been a thousand times easier had I been straight, but being gay forces you towards a much greater degree of introspection, which I think is beautiful.

3. plant

I think that gay relationships are sometimes more emotionally rewarding becuase we are forced to fight to be seen as valid and adequate.

4. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have to agree with everything you said lol. Aren't girls just wonderful? When my straight friends talk about miscommunications and misunderstandings with their boyfriends, I feel for them but at the same time I can't help but think "Dude seriously? I will never understand straight guys." I'm technically bisexual but I don't really know if I could ever see myself dating a guy because I think I would just get too damn frustrated! Girls, at least in my experience, are a lot better at communication and understanding.

5. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There's just something about this thread that makes me smile, a nice thing to read before going to bed :slight_smile:

6. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg I love this threat so much *^*

7. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    its great that you can take pride in it, we all really should. personally i have occasional down moments where i feel bad for it or dislike it but most of the time im great with it (and the times of disliking it or feeling bad about it are getting rarer all the time) i wouldnt trade it for the world, i like being unique, being a minority, i would hate to be straight because then id be a boring white straight guy (no offense intended to white straight guys) it makes me feel like apart of something which is great because ive spent my whole life feeling lost, like i dont belong anywhere

8. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Although I had a time when I wished I hadn't been born gay/male, now I feel it's a gift because I can relate to girls so much more, and I don't really picture myself having guy long term friendships.

#8 andimon, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  9. Lyr

Lyr Guest

gnaaah!!! These eight reasons are extremely true, be with a girl is fantastic, I really want a girlfriend now XD *-* *-*

10. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Hey! Can you explain why you think you relate to girls much more?

11. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Amen to that. I sometimes feel lost and ashamed as well of myself--but in reality what I really, really want is for a society that is better and kinder to us (&&&)

I love women and appreciate them more than a lot of men around me do--and I just have to hold onto the faith that I'm lovable and will find a good woman someday. (Bisexual but leaning lesbian lately)