1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would a gay guy date a trans man?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by sasakihaisen, Apr 9, 2016.

1. sasakihaisen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm already dealing with a lot atm to do with my gender identity... although my biggest wish is to be a boy. And I was just wondering - are there any gay guys who would date a trans man?

I don't want to undergo operations or anything until in the far future because I would like to have children first. After researching T hormones, I fear running the risk of making myself infertile etc.

It's hard because society has such strict standards on what is what. I would like to keep long hair because it's a part of my culture. I would like to keep on loving "girly" things - when I was four years old, I knew I was a boy. But I told myself that that was wrong, I was meant to be a girl, and if I became a boy I'd have to give up all my dresses. Thus I tried to quieten myself. When I feel like boys can't be like this usually I just remember Ren from Nu'est (long blonde hair, manicures, beautiful face)... he gets thrown out from bathrooms though and in the end, he's a cis guy. Nobody will insist to him that he's not a man.

I was wondering if there would ever be anyone out there who would love me. I'm scared of losing everything, lessening my chances of everything, so I stay hidden. There's a boy I like and I don't want to let him go either, though I know it won't happen. I just want to know if any guy would love someone like me.

2. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I personally don't see why a gay guy wouldn't want to date you, as long as you identify as a male, I believe that it is ok. Maybe some other guys have certain preferences, but I think you would find some guys that would respect that.

Its fine for a guy to have long hair, to like "girly" things, just because you do doesn't make you any less of a man. Its sort of like how society genders colours, pink isn't for girls and blue isn't for boys, they are just colours and they are for everyone it really doesn't matter.

I hope that is useful and i apologise if i worded some things incorrectly.

#2 SAYGEUR, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  3. Inky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't speak for other gay men but I definitely have no issue when it comes to dating a transman. In my eyes, they are men. Period. I actually discovered I felt this way when I was a teenager years ago when I was in a gay chat room. The guys there were against the idea, but I don't get what's the big deal.

4. sasakihaisen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You're very kind... Thank you so much, this means a lot to me. At the moment, I'm gathering courage so I may take the step towards coming out to my mother and this definitely has helped. (*hug*)

---------- Post added 9th Apr 2016 at 04:18 AM ----------

Thank you so much ;//u//; it makes me really happy to hear that. I'm glad that there are open-minded people like you out there... it gives me hope for the future. :slight_smile:

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Plenty of gay men would date a trans man. Where you might run into problems would be the long hair and "girly" interests. Of course, this might be cultural, and guys might find it a turn on, where you're at? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Gay dating is tough, in general, but if you stick with it, you'll find someone who accepts you as you are.

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some wouldn't, but many would. I personally don't differentiate between a man and a transman. If a guy is fit and looks hot I wouldn't care less.

I tend to agree with gravechild that dating is a bit of a game and the long hair and girly interests might be more of an issue, but certainly not with all gay guys. I can think of a few guys that might love your long hair and girly interests :slight_smile:

7. sasakihaisen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you very much ^^ I've cut my hair short in the past, I might do it again if I really have to. I am just reluctant to do it because long hair symbolises freedom where I am from, and I only cut it all off in a sign of mourning as somebody dear to me passed away.

Thanks again! <3 I will keep at it :grin: maybe one day I will find someone.

---------- Post added 9th Apr 2016 at 06:02 AM ----------

Thank you ;u; <3 I'm glad to hear that... And yeah, I might have to discard them but maybe there will be someone who loves me despite that. Thank you so much for the encouragement, I will keep that in mind.

8. scxred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    you are proof that gender identity and gender expression are two different and seperate things. Gender identity is an innate feeling whilst gender expression is the way one chooses to portray themselves as masculine, feminine etc. It is not uncommon to find feminine transmen at all.. in fact a small number of transmen are also drag queens. A cis or trans guy having long hair or liking feminine things does not make him any less male.

9. sasakihaisen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you ;//u//; this does give me hope to try and do something about it... Sadly enough my family situation isn't open in a way for me to properly give it a try, and let myself come out of the closet, or explore my gender more thoroughly even though I've known since I was at 4 years old that I was a boy. But still... I want to try because my heart hurts so badly when I see gay couples and stuff and think that that will never be me, and that they have what I never will :frowning2: