1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Conan, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Lalayajen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just have to add this.
    Most Middle Easterns don't come out because sometimes it can be punishble by death.

2. Conan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    OMG Man, I fell into tears :'( .. I might hate being gay as I said, but with all these comments, I think in time, I will come to accept myself, all I need is a happy, great, loving, peace life.. it's hard for us (GLBT people) to get this life very fast. but I'll indure the pain inside of me. I hope one day it all be good.

and yeah in middle east sometimes it's a death penality for gay people. and some people kill a part of there families sometimes for being like that, it's sad and frustrating, as gay people sometimes I feel that being gay let us see the world differently and make us more open minded and accepting for things ! (this is the most thing I realized and loved for being gay) XD !

3. Dorothea

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi Conan,

I registered just so I could post this.

It sounds like you're thinking of leaving your home country so you can live as an openly gay man. I am British and old - 40, how did that happen? I've been out for twenty-seven years (ouch!) and in all those years I've known quite a few Middle Eastern gay men who moved to London to live open gay lives. I thought you might like to hear about my male Middle Eastern friends' experiences, at least as far as they have confided them to their grumpy English lesbian agony aunt (that's me):

- they all had the same fears and insecurities as you; that's what growing up in a society that doesn't accept gay people does to you
    - they all went through a lot of emotional turmoil before and after moving to the U.K.
    - they all came out the other side as incredibly strong, happy, successful people, at peace with themselves
    - they're all now married (to men), mostly with kids - I guess I know boring people!
    - it hasn't been easy with their families; I wish I could tell you otherwise, but that's the truth
    - even though their relationship with their beloved birth countries and their families has had to change, each of them would say it's been worth it a hundred times over.

If you are planning to move to Europe or the U.S., I have two pieces of advice for you: hold on, and stay safe. For the moment, don't confide in anyone in your country about your sexuality unless you're absolutely certain they will be supportive and keep it to themselves. You need the support of your family right now so that you can excel at university and get the kind of job or graduate scholarship which will enable you to immigrate to an accepting country. Focus on your studies and on your career. Formulate your plan, and trust that if you want to live openly, you will get there very soon.

One day, you will be happier than you ever imagined possible. But for the moment you have to stay strong and hold on.

Be fierce! x

4. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    [/QUOTE]
    I know that it's scary to expose itself to somebody, but he's not there to judge you and he cannot reveal any information because of the professional secret
    And maybe you can't say that you're gay to your family now but the right time will come and the consequences with[/QUOTE]

In America this would be true, but this person is living in the middle east, where laws dictate that sodomy is punishable by death, suspected homosexual behaviors less than sodomy are punishable by 39 lashes and/or 15 years in prison.

Quite literally telling anyone, even a therapist could be suicide.

5. Conan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for that message, really supportive and encouraging, I will do my best to success and I will live, and life will go on, I'll hang on for no, it seems :grin:

@Tinuneth, IKR :/ but as I said, I will stay safe and not confide for now :slight_smile:

Thanks guys :3

#25 Conan, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  6. EWMK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know your feeling now. I had the time felt just like u. But being gay is not ur fault, stop blaming yourself.
    I have to listen people laughing at gay, my family talking about them like a joke and I have to smile, laugh even I don't want to. But it never makes me feel ashamed about myself
    If u don't want to listen to them, just leave.
    I know u will learn how to love yourself and be yourself. Don't act like other guys, u live your own life and your life is normal