1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you only attracted to a small percentage of people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fullofsurprises, Apr 5, 2016.

1. It seems like I only feel strong mindblowing chemistry with just a few people in my life. I have had people try to fix me and tell me to give numerous people a chance. I can go on numerous dates and see what happens-it hasnt worked. When things feel right, they feel right.

Can anyone relate? Do you think forcing chemistry works? If I give someone that I don't like a chance, I feel like I may be leading them on or hurting them. I really have to be into someone.

2. EnchanterForest

Yeah I can relate, for me I think I might be demi-sexual or something (I dunno). So I usually know the person for a while before I become attracted to them. I have the same feeling when I am around people that I might lead them on to much and end up hurting them. It also means that I don't want a relationship even with someone that feels right, just because I feel like I might hurt them at some point. I haven't really been on a date with someone, cause like I am too young and all, but like I like have never tried to force the chemistry cause last time I did that it didn't work out at all.

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I feel the same. It's very rare for me to even have crushes, which is why it has been hard for me to fully figure out my sexuality. A few little crushes/intrigue here and there.

Trust me, if you feel like this "just going for it" with someone often doesn't work in my experience. I thought that would work so I dated a guy for a while. I tried to like him and I felt so horrible. I even went along with it when he told me he loved me. No matter how hard you try, you can't force feelings and that's okay. I think because I'm like this, my rule of thumb for the future is to only start dating a person if I'm sure I really like them.

---------- Post added 5th Apr 2016 at 11:32 AM ----------

Also, I don't know this for sure but I feel like when you're young it's hard to judge this. Maybe in the future, you'll develop and grow more in different ways and then feel more confident about who you like and don't and maybe like more people.

4. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can definitely relate. There aren't many men or women whom I would consider giving up my single state for. I'm not very interested in sex with men or women either.

5. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Definitely relate to this. It's spontaneous out of nowhere attraction and something develops from it for me. Some of those relationships have been good and others horrible. Sometimes years between. I like the explosive deep connection with a person and sharing sexuality with that person. I don't walk the world everyday blind. I notice she is hot or he is hot etc. I also have a small window or percentage of people I will get close to or share it with.

6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never been attracted to someone I've met or seen in person. The few people I'm attracted to are those harmless fancies, mostly celebrities or actors. But no "real" people, male or female, have caught my attention.

But then again, I don't get out much.

#6 Kodo, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  7. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can definitely relate.

I've only had really strong feelings for/chemistry with very few people up to this point; and if we're talking about general attraction even without the connection, I don't feel it towards that many people in day to day life.

Whilst I won't argue against stuff like setting people up or things like that, for me I don't think it works. Like you said, when it feels right it feels right. Personally it's quite unpredictable.

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes I can! I'm very picky and I won't settle for less!

9. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a very high sex drive, but am also very fussy/particular about what I find attractive. I don't think this is too uncommon.

10. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I don't develop feelings for people very often. And it doesn't have anything to do with judging someone's physical appearance. The ones I really fall for aren't ever the most attractive. I guess that the people I click with are few and far between, and when I do click with someone, I know it is the real deal.

---------- Post added 5th Apr 2016 at 10:02 PM ----------

This has totally been me. When I first fell for a girl I was sure she was the exception. It took me over two years to feel attracted to another girl.

11. Warkupo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Physically, I've been attracted to quite a lot of people. Emotionally/mentally, not that many. lol Probably only ever happened a handful of times. Forget the fact that I find dating weird and stressful. /foreveralone