1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monty Python Fans

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SAYGEUR, Apr 4, 2016.

1. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ive recently been doing a binge watch on a heap of Monty Pythons Flying Circus, and it got me thinking, any fans out there? My favourite of the movies is Life of Brian, its just a pure classic.

HES NOT THE MESSIAH, HES JUST A VERRY NAUGHTY BOY!

Wondering if anyone else out there enjoys a good bit of classic British comedy!

2. HerrinDesFeuers

I don't know much more than Life of Brian and Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but I really love them.

3. Electric Puns

I love Monty Python! But I have to ask: What have the Romans ever done for us?

4. Boatman

I've miss quoted this so many times, but I love it:

King Arthur: I am your king.
    Woman: Well, I didn't vote for you.
    King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
    Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
    King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
    Dennis: Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Especially the 'King I didn't vote for you' bit...

5. Yato Gami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Here! Me! I love Monty Python!
    I've seen the Life of Brian, the meaning of life, The holy grail, Captain Dotterbart (or how it is called in English?) and some sketches. Life of Brian is my favorite. I also like the ministry of silly walks and the grim reaper scene in 'the meaning of life', found the scene with that fat man vomiting a bit disappointing though. Is this British humor? Do they really find that funny? o.0 The meaning of life is a bit too strange sometimes haha.
    But the penis song is class and the 'sit on my face' song and The galaxy song and Always look on the bright side if life of course haha. Gosh I love Eric Idle! :grin:

Oh and do you remember this scene in The life of Brian, where Brian says something like "You are all individuals" "Yes yes we are all individuals" "I'm not!"
    I don't know the exact words as I haven't watched it in English for ages but it was something like this...

or all the scenes with Biggus Dickus... I laughed so much. :grin:

~ Life's a laugh and death's a joke - it's true!

6. HerrinDesFeuers

The German title for The Holy Grail is so much better than the original one. :grin:

7. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!

8. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I just watched Spamalot again, and I really wish it would tour again!! (TL:grin:R, Spamalot is basically the holy grail and a few skits from flying circus done as a musical)

Here's a link to it if you'd like to give it a watch! I believe the only way to watch it right now is on YT (Its the original Broadway performance, dw its not a school group doing it, the quality is a little dodgy though but its worth it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3bxqHVlCmY