1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying dogs.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MtnFr3sh, Apr 3, 2016.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Anybody have any experiences with annoying dogs? Or have a really annoying dog?

Because I love dogs to death, they're so loyal and friendly. But mine is just plain. Well, not all there. He has no sense and is very unintelligent compared to my previous dog who I swear understood perfect english and was so well behaved naturally without any training. (okay to any other dog really) who passed due to lymphoma.

My dog is a nutcase. He runs around barking at nothing, thinks EVERYTHING is a game. I've given up on teaching him anything.

He hides under my mom's bed, and doesn't ever want to come out when it's time to go to bed. At night, he'll get out and jump all over my mom's bed trying to snuggle in, and hog the bed.

It's absolute hell getting him out and I need a way to keep him from getting under there.

He actually bit me, BIT me for the first time. I was done. I grabbed him through the barking and put him in his crate. I can't automatically put him in at night because he will eat his bed. And my mother feels 'sorry for the poor baby puppy' who's an adult dog. She also doesn't want him to fear the crate because we put him in there during the day so he doesn't tear up the house and he only a few months ago got to where he'll willingly go in when it's time for us to leave for the day.

I need to be able to keep him out from under the bed. He'll hide there and bark and growl and be an annoying little troll hiding under a bridge. Everybody on animal sites says that they should let them stay because it's their safe place, dogs are cave animals etc.

Any ideas? Any experiences with annoying as hell dogs?

2. Arane

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hmm, I think I've mostly only experienced annoying humans :grin:

Maybe you could try create him a new 'safe place'? Put something around your bed so that he can't get underneath.

If anything I think you should watch some Cesar Millan, the guy has a lot of advice to give!

I also don't think you should compare him to your other dog. I don't think the problem is his intelligence or the like - The problem is possibly the communication between the two of you (something Cesar talks a lot about). Dog-psychology is different compared to human's, and it's very important to always remember that.

#2 Arane, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  3. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Put some sort of a frame and a blanket over his bed, that should make him feel more secure. That might help a bit.

A lot of people assume that dogs think they are humans, where dogs really think that we are odd shaped dogs. Look up some books and reliable sites on dog phycology, try to figure what's going on in your dogs head. I've had a few insane dogs in my time, it was a matter of trying to understand how they saw the world.

Some dogs are clever some are thick, some are well adjusted and some are neurotic.
    Unfortunately some dogs are thick and neurotic!

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes I'm watching 2. They're good dogs but are a pain to walk and aren't nice to my cat.

5. JiminyJordy

JiminyJordy Guest

First thing I thought of was chihuahua lol...that yep tho..

Breeds like retrievers or collies are loyal and far from annoying.

6. Jellal

7. pheebs435

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    talk to a trainer. He might just be scared and needs to be trained and socialized properly.

8. TheHesitantAlien

Thank you, this made my day. +1

9. Aqulia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gaddamnit you beat me to it

10. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Phew, I'm very relieved.

At first, I thought this thread had to be about me!

11. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So...I have five dogs in my house as of now. Four girls, one boy. And, uh...because of financial reasons, the boy isn't fixed yet...and some of our girls are in heat...Which means that the boy wants nothing more in life than to get with the girls. He whines screams whenever he's put in his kennel because GOD FORBID he's away from the girls for more than ten seconds. On top of that, he's an absolute ass to me. (Honestly, he's kinda like that even when the girls aren't in heat). So, uh, we have him because he was supposed to be my dog (the last dog that was mine died young) and he was sweet to me for a while, but once the girls started clouding his mind, he immediately started growling anytime I'd go near him. I can't even pet him without him growling unless he initiates affection. It's...obnoxious.

[YOUTUBE]woPff-Tpkns[/YOUTUBE]

*You're carrying too many dogs.