1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my Mum wants that I tell her I am Gay !

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by faceup, Apr 3, 2016.

1. faceup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In my 32 years today was the first time my Mum talked about LGBT, I think she wants that I tell her that I am Gay !!

Today at dinner my mum talked about something she saw on about 2 women who raised a boy and how respectfull and nice the boy is and how society is so stupid to think that only Straight people could be good parents.

The talk was on and on and I said to her about my friend (Straight) who is having some problems with his wife and she said "It is a lot easier to get married with people of the same sex because you will have same interest"

I showed her some pictures of Neil Patrick with his kids and Husband and she said "See everyone will love to have fathers like they"

At the end she said look,"LGBT people are the most respectfull people in ther world, I think because all they strugles they now how to respect other people"

I don't know why but I am pretty sure that all this talk was a way of her saying that she will love me no matter what !

Guys have you gone through a similar situation ?

As I said many times Mum and Dad are pretty sure I am Gay, I just do not have the guts to tell them !

2. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should tell your mom as soon as you're ready. I have a similar problem, and I wish I were as lucky as you. Good luck, and I hope everything goes well!

3. AngelDragonfly

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tell her if you are ready. It seems she will accept it with encouragement, or just be neutral. But don't be pressured. Take your time, basta.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Come out! Come out where ever you are!

5. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why haven't you told her? I think she already knows and how much more does she need to spell it out for you?

6. killswitch0029

It seems to be a pretty good situation. She seems pretty supportive but like some of the others said, take your time. There's no need to rush yourself, you'll know when you're ready to tell her.

7. faceup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thx for replies, I will take my time and talk to her when I get more comfortable with myself.
    Both Dad and Mum know I am gay because I never brought any girlfriend and never never talk about girls. The only know that I had girlfriend for 6 months, beside that I never talked about girls.
    When Mum ask me if I want to have kids I always say to her I will never have kids or get marrige .

So yes they know, I am the problem because I am not confortable enough to tell this secret that I hide from everyone !