1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion on Tumblr and gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nike007, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Plattyrex

Tumblr is a disgusting pool of hatred and bigotry, but the existence of more than 2 genders is completely harmless. As long as it isn't hurting anyone like most of hateful views on Tumblr, it is nothing to be looked down upon. The only one who can say how you feel inside is you:slight_smile:. I'm super tired, so sorry if that didn't make any sense.

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I steer pretty clear of there; the only kind of interaction I have of it is liking "The Best of Tumblr" page on Facebook, where they post funny text posts or pictures. I'm not actually on Tumblr that way, I just see the humor from the outside without getting involved with the drama inside. Especially that SJW crap and the nonsense about nonanimate objects as genders.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only reason that I have a tumblr is for pug and cat pictures. I stay as far away as I can from the LGBT sections of tumblr, because they are pretty scary sometimes.

4. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. I can't believe how many conflicting views there are about Tumblr and gender. It seems interesting to me. Anyways, I realize that there are different resources I can use for gender issues.

5. AyaseKishimoto

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I use it only for anime gifs, images and stuff like that.... but it depends, there are some assholes, some *i pretend to be cool*, some *meh i only post pictures of trees or drawings*, and some good people... By the way, sorry if this reply was offensive.

6. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I actually am otherkin, And TRUST ME

We hate the tumblr otherkin community just as much as the trans communtiy does. See, being otherkin is NOT a gender identity. And most otherkin I know have a gender identity (a couple are even trans). The idea that being otherkin is a gender identity is something tumblr created, and it drives me insane.

If the idea of being otherkin is to be related to anything, it's more akin to a religious belief. You have to understand that otherkin is a very loose term. Some otherkin believe they were other creatures in a past life, some believe to be a misplaced soul and some just believe their mind functions more like that of another creature. Atheists, christians, trans, cis, black, white, you can find all of those people in the otherkin community. It's independent of those thingss.

I always feel awful when I see that community making trans people and otherkin look bad all in one shot.

---------- Post added 12th Apr 2016 at 07:00 PM ----------

Oh and as a side note, most of the otherkin on tumblr are 12 year old kids obsessed with wolves. I'm not going off of stereotypes- I've talked to them, I know. It's really a terrible place to try and learn about any community.
    And um, I kind of fail at social interaction, and I don't know if this post sounded kinda defensive, but that's not what I meant by it ^^; this is basically the level my brain functions at when trying to explain things.

Tumblr's great for finding all of the Solangelo fanart in existence though.

#26 RavenTheRat, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016