1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream homes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Capricorn98, Apr 1, 2016.

1. AlamoCity

I do like the Texas Hill Country. A nice home there with a big area to grow an orchard of many fruit and nut trees and a vegetable patch. A big kitchen to process all the food would also be needed. I would also want a big formal dining room to seat at least 12. And a proper study/home office. Access to many acres of hunting land would be a plus, but not required.

Another type of home I've always liked are antebellum plantation homes with rows of live oak trees with Spanish moss.

The only thing that gets me is the Texas heat. It makes me wish to maybe have it in Virginia, out West, or maybe in New England.

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something with a view

[​IMG]

I actually don't need much. A small condo in a city with nice windows and nice bath, maybe a guest room and another room for study/library.

3. Sharka Sharka

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm gonna be unrealistic here but, whatever the home, it's gotta have an art studio, a walk in pool, a nice view, and a closet the size of two living rooms. Also, a garden-like park filled with various flowers. There will be a really long stairway leading to the bottom, where there will be a bunch of rose covered statues, a river, and a small cottage.

#23 Sharka Sharka, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ditto - I don't want a lot of space. A 1 or 2-bed apartment, somewhere interesting, that's big enough for me and potentially a significant other, will suffice.

Only requirements are - it must be in an urban setting. I absolutely will not live in the country. Even a suburban setting is okay as long as that suburban setting has an interesting central area, with a good variety of interesting places to eat and shop, as well as decent public transport links ,as opposed to a car-dominated area full of strip malls.

#24 imnotreallysure, May 30, 2016
  5. timo

I want a nice apartment/loft in the middle of a big city. Lots of people around me and things to do.

Just one big room, with a mezzanine for a bedroom. Maybe a guest room cause that could be useful.

6. ForeverMe

A nice-ish place with a roof over my head, and with someone who I care about (a friend, family member, significant other), in a relatively non-racist, non-anti-LGBT, non-sexist place.

7. Formality

A beautiful self sustained wooden house in the forest on one side overlooking a fairytale lake, and on the other a lush green forest. Maybe even on a small cliffside, so I could have my morning coffee while basking in the balcony sunshine and then cliff dive down in the water and go for a morning swim across the lake listening to the birds chirping.

8. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am not like the majority of people I know who want to live out in nature.

For me a dream home would be a nice sized home in the middle of a big city :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have lived in Apartments for 90% of my life so I really wouldn't want to live in an apartment forever as I already have for so long.

#28 silverdeer, May 30, 2016
  9. Cedar

Maybe a house with a master bedroom and two or three separate guest rooms that has maybe two bathrooms on the second floor and one toilet/sink on the first floor. A study with a nice, big library and a possible designated gaming room that's separate from the living room. An open concept kitchen/dining room/living room, along with a nice sized pantry. I'd also like a really nice big yard with lots of land so I can have a couple of horses and a nice big space for gardening with a couple of fruit trees, depending on the climate.

I'd really like to be self-sustaining and off the grid, maybe with some minor contact with the outside world. So long as I can have internet, I'll be fine.

#29 Cedar, May 30, 2016
  10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would love to live in a mansion but then comes cleaning something I don't like doing so maybe just a small house or a nice condo in a nice pretty area would be nice.

11. GodlyArmadillo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to live in a canal house in a city like London, or Copenhagen, or Amsterdam or Stockholm, or Gothenburg or.... etc.

12. fenestra

[​IMG]

#32 fenestra, May 30, 2016
  13. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A cosy sturdy house nestled between towering mountains on the coast of a stormy sea. And with a nearby lighthouse that I can row my boat out to on an island not far away. Then also a large sheltered patch to grow all my vegetables and a few pear and plum trees. Then further up into the mountains is a wilderness of forest full of wolves, deer and eagles and a wide expanse of heather covered moors rolling out behind the forest. In my house I'd have a medium sized bedroom with a triple king sized bunk bed and a big window looking straight out to sea. I'd also have a top of the line music studio in a shack outside and kitchen with a pantry that magically replenishes itself with my favourite food. Then there would be a living room that has windows circling right round the walls in every direction with a massive pile of beanbags and massive TV and X box 1 with every game ever made and a roaring fire in one corner. Outside there's a path winding down the cliff to the rocks on the shore where there is a massive swimming pool and a bubbling hot spa. On the fields up the bank from the beach I'd keep my horse, flock of chickens and maybe some sheep. In the cliff there is a medium sized sea cave which has a pit fire and more beanbags. :slight_smile:)))))

14. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would love to live in a house in the woods! I'm actually hoping to become a freelance translator so that I could live wherever I want :slight_smile: I hate big cities and I only stay in them to study. Once I'm done, I'm getting the hell away.

If I can do that, then I would definitely buy something like that and live there. I would make sure there is a city close by, though.

15. 1ring

I would either like to live in a cool apartment downtown in some country not in North America or I'd like to buy a same house/trailer that I can travel with

16. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like to have two homes: an apartment in the city and a big, aristocratic stately home in the countryside where I can spend my holidays.

17. alicetastic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    give me a small, nerdy, but still aesthetically pleasing flat...
    in London...
    with a very attractive / comedic genius flat mate...
    far away from my parents.

18. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    someone wants to live it up
    take me with you

19. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    cement walls,floor,ceiling, big roll up door so I can drive my car right inside hop out and be in the living room/kitchen area. the place Colin McCormick has in the movie "Daddy".

20. eMei

My dream is to have one of those stereotypical, suburban American middle-class houses that you see in all of the TV dramas. Somewhere in Pennsylvania with nice neighbours would be ideal.