1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Interested in Psychology?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dingdang, Mar 30, 2016.

?

LGBT people, are you interested in psychology?

1. Yes.

65.0%
  2. Kind of.

30.0%
  3. No opinion.

0.8%
  4. No.

4.2%
  1. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kind of. I find it interesting but will not take any classes or become a psychologist. I feel I already have lots of knowledge; I have schizoaffective disorder, bipolar type. So I have a lot of personal experience, not to mention how many people I've met who also have mental health issues.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's interesting, but not something I want to pursue education/career wise.

3. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

Honestly, yup, i'm into it, but i discovered the interest after writing about characters i needed the psychological knowledge to write about. I mean... i wouldn't go looking for a job in it but... it's interests me.
    It would make sense for a lot of LGBT people to develop an interest in it as they figure out these things about themselves (like that they're trans or something) and want to find out more about it.
    Unsure about any direct correlation though.

4. CluelessOne

Psychology and what makes people tick is something that really interests me and is a key component of my favourite tv show: Survivor. It's really interesting to me, that's for sure.

5. alonsy alonso

for my GCSE's i had the option of sociology and psychology. i always wanted to take psychology because i find the way the human brain works fascinating and there is an endless amount of questions we can ask about the brain. we have only unlocked about 10% so finding out how different people live their lives with that 10% to me is purely fascinating and a phenomenal thing.

6. Sutne Vlac

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I believe psychology to be an essential part of life. It's what we are made of. Some of us may think we have control over our bodies and actions, but it is all up to our brain. The mind must be the most powerful force on Earth; it can trick us into believing things that are simply untrue; it can make us feel fear when we are in utmost safety; it can make us feel so utterly conscious that we end up believing life is a mere illusion.
    If that's what psychology makes me think about, conversations don't get much deeper than that.

7. Mr Spock

I've loved psychology ever since I sat in on one of my mom's therapy sessions. It really made an impact on me that the mind is such an important part of the body, and even though at first I was scared I'd become a manipulative mind controller or something, now I'd like to get a masters or doctorate in psychology and possibly education so I can help the military, anyone else, or even teach it on a graduate level.

8. Totoro73

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just finished a psychology class at my community college and I thought the class was pretty interesting! Although I want to major in math which is why I put "kind of"

9. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in love with Psychology. I'm doing it at A-level and I'd probably take it further if it wasn't for the damn research methods. I just can't get my head around those!

10. Brytaleith

I'm interested in knowing everything there is to know. Unsurprisingly, this includes psychology. I'm also interested in what makes people tick, and psych helps with that.

11. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I voted kind of because even though it fascinates me, I don't think it's something that I'd delve deeper into. But it's interesting to hear from people who have studied psychology, or those who haven't studied it but have a deeper understanding about it.

12. fenestra

I said yes though I'm probably more interested in sociology. Though I'm not so much interested in why people are they way they are as I am in the different ways of being and how we might evolve based on our shared experiences.

13. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Yes, I find it very interesting. Though some stuff I find to be utter bs, like Freud's theories of penis envy and stuff like that (a lot of psychoanalysis in general can be frustrating to me, though some can be interesting, as well). Purely behavioristic or cognitive or biological is also really annoying, imo. I like combining the stuff, which is often what psychologists do, or so I've heard.

14. AngelLikesSpace

Out Status:
    Some people
    I put no. I've never really been that interested in it. I almost took it in high school but I changed my mind.

15. PrettyinPunk

I find it an incredibly interesting subject. I took a few classes in college, had really great professors as well. Its just fascinating how the mind works and processes things. The only part I didn't like was anytime there was discussion on mental issues and medication practices.

16. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I'd say I quite like it although I've never especially documented on it. It's my second career option after linguistics, and I think I just might pursue a master's degree on it.

17. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Considering going into a psychology major for college, I'm taking a class on it in my co-op this upcoming school year.

18. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My life pretty much revolves around understanding people and psychology so it probably goes beyond being interested. My academic research was always heavily focused around psychology and I've spent most of my life studying the subject and figuring out how everything works. :slight_smile:

19. GodlyArmadillo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I took a year of Psychology and decided it wasn't for me. Still really like the subject, but not to dedicate my life and work to it.

20. Akane

Neuroscience interests me more than basic psychology. Neurobiological psychology is more up my alley but I am sticking to my major which is biological science: general so I can get a feel for everything.