1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual Attraction

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by PennyT, Mar 28, 2016.

1. PennyT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 90% sure that I'm attracted to women. Probably. I think that I'm struggling with internalized homophobia, but I'm working on it. Lately, I've been able to look at women and accept that I find some of them cute, and it's such a relieving feeling now that I'm not yelling at myself as much about it. But I don't have the desire to do anything sexual with women. Or men, really. I get aroused sometimes, but never from real life people. When I'm reading and caught up in the romance of the characters, that is sometime arousing, or it just randomly happens from time to time. But never, ever with real people. Is this normal? To what degree do most people feel sexual attraction to other people? Any advice?

2. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't feel aroused when looking at real people at all - I think it is pretty normal, most people require some kind of connection to hit it off.

When it comes to the lack to desire to do anything sexual- I would say that this could be an after effect of your orientation worry. If you have not fully accepted that you are attracted to women, your mind might just not want to go into the sexual attraction territory. It is also possible that you simply need to know the person more before developing any kind of wish for sexual activity with them.

3. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yep. I don't think most people just look at somebody and get turned on. Some closeness and connection is needed I think. And its also normal to be turned on by fictional romance. And its definitely normal to not really desire sex when you still haven't fully pinned down and accepted your sexuality - there can be a bit of a mental block.

4. afgirl

Totally agree with everybody else. There has to be a connection.