1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by shark567911, Mar 25, 2016.

1. shark567911

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hi everyone
    i finally think it is time to come out to my older sister. the reason is because i feel all alone. I have completely embraced my sexuality and am proud, however, i feel sad hiding this huge secret all alone. i am not the type of person who keeps so many secrets at all but i need to tell someone. I dont like keeping secrets and i want to include my sister in this huge part of me. I know she loves me and will be ok, but my nerves have gotten the best of me and i keep psyching myself out. can you please share how you got through this and what you did. I NEED GOOD IDEAS TO COME OUT. something fun hearted and funny because i cannot handle an emotional deep conversation.
    please help
    love you all LGBT PRIDE

2. killswitch0029

You could try writing a letter or an email. That would give you some room to use some silly language if you want a less emotion, more lighthearted approach.

3. itsbrooklyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    psyching yourself out is so easy to do, everyone's been there but just think positive and it might sound stupid but try and think of it as a normal conversation, like it's no big deal, that way you don't panic as much and you might have a clearer mind than what what you would if you were panicking (personally I think it's easier said then done, but give it a try, it might work). If you don't want an emotional deep conversation, as killswitch said a letter or email to allow silly language is a good idea, you can make jokes, and you can generally use more laid back language.
    Goodluck :slight_smile: