1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technical breast qs

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by intherye, Mar 25, 2016.

1. intherye

So I'm 15 and afab. I'm currently *relatively* happy and okay about how my breasts look, but I'm worried because they are probably smaller than those of any other females my own age that I know. Which makes me think they're likely to grow, and I don't think I'd feel great about that :icon_redf I got my period etc etc at 11. So any of you guys know how much breats tend to grow after puberty? I tried googling it but it was just lots of cis girls who WANT their breasts to grow so it wasn't much help :dry:
    Also, this question sounds ridiculously stupid because I'm sure there isn't anything...but is there anything one can do to stop breast growth or to reduce them? Obviously surgery etc but I don't even know what my gender is so I don't want to consider that. I don't know, stupid question but I'll just throw it out there.
    Anyway thank you everyone :icon_bigg

2. HerrinDesFeuers

When did your breasts start to grow? Have they grown bigger in the past 1-2 years? If not, it's unlikely, though not impossible, that they get bigger.
    My breasts started growing at age 10 and I don't know how long they grew, but at 15 it was definitely over.

3. emmadances

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm.. I don't think there is a way for you to stop development of your breasts, but I guess if you are fine with them for now I guess you could just wait and see?
    I think that if, as you said are unsure of gender, what you can do is wait until you are sure, and go from there?

Soz that was quite vague.

4. InfinityonHigh

It's really hard to accurately predict your breast size after puberty, but I've heard that it usually ends up being somewhere close to the size of your close DFAB relatives. Also, breast size is almost never remains the same for your entire life, many things can affect them even after you're done "growing."

One of the surest way to stop any further breast growth safely would be hormone blockers or T. However I do realize that those options might not be ones very accessible to you nor might they be something you actually want.

Exercising your chest, or in general could help, although you should know that the whole deal with "spot reducing" is a myth; you can't pick and choose which areas you lose weight from. The reason exercising would work is because it has the ability to reduce your body fat and a good portion of your breasts are made up of fat. Don't take any of this to the extremes though. Moderate exercise is beneficial and it's almost always recommended by whatever medical professional you ask, but I personally don't know how much it would take to have an effect on your breast size and your results might not always be what you wanted.

#4 InfinityonHigh, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  5. intherye

About age 10, and I don't think very much in the past couple of years. Thanks, that helps :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 25th Mar 2016 at 01:35 PM ----------

That sounds like a good plan actually, thank youuu :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 25th Mar 2016 at 01:41 PM ----------

Oh I didn't know that lots of factors affect it, thanks :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Those options wouldn't really be possible right now but are still good to think about for the future... Oh cool, I'll try doing that! Thanks for your help :icon_bigg

6. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think your breasts are probably done growing. My chest stopped getting bigger within a few years of getting my period. If they don't seem to have been getting bigger recently, it's unlikely that they would start again.

You can't stop or undo breast growth, but working out your upper body (particularly muscles in your chest) can make them look comparatively smaller.

7. intherye

Yay! Okay, thanks. (Also, I think your name is really cool).

8. Delta

I got B-ish cups around 8th grade. And my sisters, both D-cups, promised me that in 10th grade they'd grow. They didn't. Then they promised next year... and next year... and next year... And they still didn't. So, it's anybody's guess.

9. intherye

Cool! Thanks :icon_bigg