1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 5 hardest storyline bosses ?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Soundwave, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Soundwave

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What are in your personal opinion the top 5 hardest bosses that you had to beat to advance the story it can be from any game.
    My list :
    1.Yunalesca (ffx)
    2.Roxas(kh2fm)
    3.the mysterious girl (ff4)
    4. Judge zargabath (ff12)
    5. Seymour flux (ffx)

2. Sackle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    One word baby Dark Souls
    All of Dark Souls
    (I know its not a list so sorry)

3. Lazuri

I've terrible memory, so I know I'm going to forget most of them, but I'll list a few I deem difficult and as a bonus I'll also list how many dicks I think they should eat.

Xigbar in Kingdom Hearts 2. By far the boss I had the most problem with in the storyline, Final Mix Roxas included, I just sleep walked right through that one. In any case, Xigbar can go eat a dick.

Vergil in Devil May Cry 3. Just... Fuck you. Go eat two dicks.

The Fume Knight in Dark Souls 2. This motherfucker took me and my friend several sessions of a couple of hours each to beat the two times we had to beat him. You think you got him figured out, BUT OH WAIT! He delayed that move's timing just to fuck you over and you thought you timed that dodge perfectly, didn't you? Well you didn't--you're dead. Go eat five dicks.

Ornstein and Smough. I literally don't have the descriptive power required to accurately describe how much I loathe these two pieces of shit. If I didn't know better, I'd say that boss fight was the result of a curse put on me and my entire lineage. You can eat like... A buffet of dicks.

#3 Lazuri, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  4. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ornstein & Smough (dat music though :eusa_clap)
    Senator Armstrong - MGR
    Ruby & Emerald Weapon (FFVII)
    Beelzebub (Every SMT game)
    Every boss from the finale of Devil Survivor 1

5. Buusy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ebrietas from Bloodborne....I almost destroyed my controller after 3 hours :bang:.
    The next boss wasn't that hard but I hadn't enough ammo to kill him (Vamp from MGS4).
    Psycho Mantis :grin: my mom didn't allow me to play games like MGS (I was 5 or 6 yo) but I did :grin: and it took me several days to beat her.
    Ornstein & Smough from Dark Souls and Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts 2.

6. Sagume Kishin

1) Inbachi
    2) Queen Larsa - Ultra Mode
    3) DOOM from Ketsui? Given the unlock requirements...
    4) Apocalypse mode Alice from Magical Singular Day
    5) And since I can't think of anyone else... Absurdly Extra Tenkai and Absurdly extra Sese I guess. I mean they're probably both the hardest in this list in pure average 'difficulty' sense but you get enough resources to just blow through them with some planning anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    And Flash Bombs. Can't forget Flash Bombs.

If anyone knows where all 6 of these bosses came from without having to look it up you get a cookie.

#6 Sagume Kishin, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  7. Nikky DoUrden

* A certain boss from Undertale (no spoilers)
    * Two bosses I forgot their name from Final Fantasy VII they can kill u on one hit and u need double phoenix down and use Omnislash at least thats what I read on the internet I never beat that guy
    * Irenicus and some of the Dragons from Baldur's Gate II I needed multiple loads to kill them and without cheating and looking online for clues its very hard ^^

8. killswitch0029

* Tainted Sphinx (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
    * Dullahan (FF VI)
    * Mysterious Girl (FF IV After Years)
    * Poseidon (Golden Sun The Lost Age)
    * Titan Dweevil (Pikmin 2)

9. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so bosses that you need to beat in order to get through the main game. That eliminates most of the crazy boss battles I've enjoyed and helps narrow down my list... to 10 because why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10 - Pokemon Colosseum - Final boss
    I don't remember his name but (spoiler)
    you have to fight him after you think you've defeated the final story boss.
    He has 'shadow' Pokemon (which you want to catch, unless you don't suffer from the curse of the completionist) and his Pokemon are at a higher level than you'd probably expect. It's not so much a difficult battle... it's a test of patience >_>

9 - Dante's Inferno - Death

Yes, he's only the first boss in the game, but I thought he was difficult and the rest of the DI bosses were easy!

8 - Sly Cooper 1 - Clockwerk
    Bonus points because I thought it was an easy game until the final boss. 'Phase one' is easy. 'Phase two' is where I died several times

7 - Soul Calibur II - Inferno
    Weapon Master mode Inferno. Nowadays he's a pushover, but I remember it was a fair challenge for my younger self

6 - BlazBlue Continuum Shift - Unlimited Hazama
    I failed several times in a row despite almost lowering his health to zero. I was probably annoyed, but it's difficult to remember because my emotions are usually short-lived. The first time I beat him I was playing aggressively with Hakumen... and that's when I realized it's best to play aggressively if the boss is constantly draining your health! It seems simple in hindsight lol

5 - Gundam Extreme Vs - arcade boss

At the same time as you're battling this boss and his minions... you're playing a game of "the floor is lava"! The key to victory is thinking several moves ahead and using more ranged attacks than close attacks. There are several variations of this boss, but the first time I went through this game was definitely the most difficult

4 - Killzone 2 - Mael Radec
    I thought I was only gonna fight him... and then lol nope you've also got to deal with hordes of enemies

3 - Devil May Cry 3 - Vergil
    Devil May Cry 4 was the first DMC game I played, so I expected to steamroll my way through Devil May Cry Collection. However, I read somewhere that DMC 4 or at least Nero's playstyle, is designed to be accessible. Won't write a novel. All you need to know is I've played more than my fair share of action games and I struggled with Vergil

2 - Demon's Souls - Old King Allant
    He's the boss that gave me the most trouble out of all the souls games. Demon's Souls was my first 'souls' game, so that's why I found it to be the most difficult 'souls' game. Objectively, Ornstein and Smough are probably more challenging, but I killed them on my first attempt. If that makes anyone feel insecure, please remember I died like 30 times to Allant!

1 - Bakugan Battle Brawlers; I found pretty much every battle difficult in this game, except the final boss. I didn't know how to steer bakugan. Hell, I still don't know how to steer bakugan! I basically played the game without using items FML. I've read instructions and I still can't do the steering thing. It seems to be easy for other people and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. At times it felt like borderline torture. If this game was a person, I'd drop them feet first into acid!

10. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would mention a late game boss from Xenoblade, but to avoid spoilers I will just say: YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE.

Also, any number of monsters from Monster Hunter. For myself, in particular, the Gigginox.

11. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not a boss per se but in Dark Cloud 2 (known as Dark Chronicle in the UK and Japan) there's a part where prior to proceeding with the rest of the game you have to do an almost-perfectly timed lap around a village in order to obtain a character who will help you reset the natural balance of time and it's so incredibly unfair it hurts my head to think about.

12. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a classic Nintendo fan who's a Zelda fan first, then Pokémon, then Donkey Kong Country.

I can't think of any Zelda bosses that were really frustrating. The closest one would probably be Puppet Ganon in The Wind Waker due to being difficult to hit in puppet and snake forms.

Pokémon:

Brock and Misty in gen 1, mostly because I've always preferred Charmander. :wink:

Also, the Normal-type gym leaders in gen 2-3. Whitney's Miltank and Norman's Slakings dished out a lot of damage and were bulky enough that taking then out quickly was difficult. Steven was probably the hardest champion I've fought, for similar reasons. Most of his Pokémon had very high defenses and I couldn't take them out fast enough to avoid taking a lot of damage from them.

Donkey Kong Country:

King Zing from DKC2. Mostly due to the awful controls that come with playing as Squawks. Due to gravity constantly pulling you down and having to hit A constantly to stay up, you can never remain at a consistent height, and the projectiles you spit fall in arcs, making it hard to be anywhere near precise with them, so you have to get really close to King Zing to ensure you hit him. The resulting collisions caused a lot of Game Overs. Kudgel was no slouch either; the stun effect whenever he lands often paralyzed me just long enough for his next jump to kill me, and his habit of breaking the barrel needed to kill him was just annoying.

Mad Jack from DK64 was really annoying as well. There was no way to consistently stay away from him; no matter hor quickly you tried to escape at the start, he'd always show up right behind you somehow (the game probably sped him up the farther away from him you were) and the switch needed to damage him often appeared too far away for me to get there in time. Also, trying to jump between platforms could be hard and I often found myself missing by a hair and having to restart that phase of the fight.

Tiki Tong from Donkey Kong Country Returns was probably the worst. Trying to hit the buttons on his hands is near impossible due to his fast movements, and the second phase of the fight is even worse. The button on his head is only there for maybe a couple seconds, and getting to it requires dodging a near-impossible series of attacks. I never managed to hit it on the third and final try; he was just too fast at that point.

13. Nobo

Sahalanthropus mgs5

Satan on hard mode Broforce