1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Caitlyn Jenner is bad for the LGBT community'

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by I'm_Danni_x, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ms. Jenner thank you for coming out and letting the world really know that transgender people exist.

Now get the fuck off tv and stop supporting trump.

Kthx.

Sincerely,

Us normal transgender people.

2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm glad she raised awareness for trans people, but to be fair, she is bad for the LGBT+ community as a whole.
    She doesn't believe in same sex marriage (or so I've heard), which is never a good thing.

I wish Laverne Cox would receive as much attention as Caitlyn Jenner does, perhaps then the trans community would be better represented.

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, she is

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's astounding to me that everyone here rallied around her(and rightfully so) when she came out as trans. When she decides to come out with her political views that she has every right to voice, the community turns on her. It's pathetic and partisan.

5. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^No one is saying she doesn't have a right to voice it. That's deflecting. But you could argue that she has turned on the community. She shows little support for some of the community's biggest issues, so it doesn't surprise me that people are showing little support for her.

Of course my original comment to the OP was that there shouldn't have been much expectation of support from her: she's not obliged to be some kind of trans ambassador to the public.

6. rudysteiner

For the first few weeks, I think she was great for trans people (from a non-trans perspective). Since her coming out, I haven't heard her speak up for any other part of the LGBTQ+ community, just her denying heterosexuality/homosexuality. Her harsh political views aren't great, either.

I think, as a whole, Laverne Cox is, and would be, the best spokesperson for trans people and the whole LGBTQ+ community as a whole. I think she fills the criteria for someone desiring a younger, more attractive transwoman, too. Caitlyn is in her 60s and grew up in a different generation than a lot of the trans community now, whereas Laverne is more current, and I assume she doesn't forget about other trans people, either.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People also have an issue with Caitlyn for reasons beyond her political stance. I believe she did make some passive homophobic comments about marriage equality, and not to mention that car accident she caused that killed someone and she didn't face any legal problems for it. There are so many other things that rub people the wrong way when it comes to her.

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Caitlyn is currently a media whore who doesn't promote any lifestyle but being rich and associate with douches.

Politics is irrelevant.

9. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there was a like button I would give you a thumbs up

10. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    she is a terrible person. She got away with killing somebody, she is a terrible parent, and she is homophobic

11. Natasha Elyssa

I recently looked at a video of her that was trending on YouTube, and I would have to say that she's not really doing anything purposefully bad for the LGBT community itself. It seems that people blame LGBT whenever she does something, but we're just the scapegoat. The comments on that video I watched were so repulsive.....I honestly think that those making horrendous comments about her are much worse for LGBT than anything she could ever do. I think that she's not really bad for LGBT, but the people who hate her definitely blame/attack all of us for anything she says or does.

12. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sure isn't doing the community any good. But then again I can't stand that entire family.

13. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    She's so ugly, so imo it's a good thing she's alienated herself from the LGBT community. From the start, since Caitlyn began using the LGBT community like 2-dollar whores I've been saying this was just a desperate ploy for her to stay relevant in light of the divorce from the Kardashians. The south park episode about her hit the mark. The fact that she won an ESPY and a woman of the year award is an insult to decency.

#33 AtheistWorld, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  14. matt4907

matt4907 Guest

I agree with it, I think it's good that she's bringing some more awareness to the trans community but she's a terrible LGBT advocate. She definitely had the potential to do some good things for the LGBT community but she lost that potential.

15. lilli

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about her. She had so much potential to bring attention to real LGBT issues, but instead used her position for shameless self promotion and corporate whoring. I can't respect that, especially when LGBT youth still face discrimination all around (at least in the South, where I grew up.) I don't get how anyone who identifies as LGBT could even begin to support conservative politics.

May I send out massive high-fives to all of y'all who think that Laverne Cox needs more love? I agree so much! She's on one of the most popular shows people watch, she's really hot, and she's much younger and more sophisticated than Caitlyn Jenner (not to mention a talented actress.) Why is the media so wrapped up in the Caitlyn Jenner story, but not in what Laverne brings to the table? I hate to be "that guy" who pulls the race card, but is it because she's a woman of color? I legitimately can't think of any other reason, other than that people apparently like those annoying Kardashian twits just that stinking much.

16. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was going to write a reply very similar to this, but you took the words out of my mouth.

She's a horrible representative for any community, even for humanity, for that matter.

17. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She sure is. The last thing we needed was being associated with a big time hypocrite and attention whore. Gosh she's just a hateful person!