1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegan/vegetarian?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kodo, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was a vegetarian for 2 days but it didn't work out.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone mentioned Morning Star, and they're amazing. I used to live off their stuff. Quorn is also delicious as hell and fantastic. If you eat out, I think Burger King still has veggie burgers that remind me of the ones Boca carries.

I don't realistically see myself becoming a vegan because there seems like there's a lot of room for error with animal byproducts and I'd hate to mess up on something I thought was vegan but actually isn't--especially with dining out. I found out Ben and Jerry's has dairy free flavors now for some of their ice cream, which might encourage me a bit more if I find them and like them.

#22 Daydreamer1, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  3. PrivateUser

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a vegetarian - nearly 44 years - fit and healthy with a good variety in my diet. I'd not go vegan because: cheese.

I didn't become a vegetarian through anything other than personal interest - although this has changed a good deal over the years. I was consigned to a boarding school in the UK in 1971 and quickly discovered that the seven or so vegetarians had better food than the three hundred and fifty other students. So I changed.

Since then I have preferred the vegetarian lifestyle, especially as the products available have improved from 1970s cardboard to edible things today, and the feeling of health it gives me.

4. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

I think I'll go "super-soft" vegetarian later in life. I would avoid meat but save for seafood and dairy. And maybe eat meat once a year.

Or is this not vegetarian at all?

#24 ModernCat, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016
  5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was vegan for almost 8 years.

6. Warkupo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I did it for a year. Probably the best I ever looked/felt (aside from the massive cravings the first few months), but also the poorest I had ever been. It's pretty expensive, especially where I'm located. I just didn't have the resources to maintain that lifestyle, but at least I know I can pull it off though.