1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whatr is your opinion on "saving yourself" for your future spouse?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kodo, Mar 16, 2016.

1. cakepiecookie

I think it's a very bad idea to marry someone without knowing whether you're sexually compatible.

I also dislike the idea on principle - it's based around the notion that having sex means that you're somehow tarnished, which is ridiculous.

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are such a guy! :lol:

3. kanra

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I didn't wait and I'm still alive. Actually, I ended up breaking it off with my first sexual partner after a year of commitment and I don't regret losing my virginity to them. It was an enjoyable experience and it's helped me work towards finding out who I am and what I like and dislike. To each his own, but I think waiting can be detrimental in just as many ways as not waiting. It probably won't live up to your expectations--at least not the first time. I think what's really important is being safe and happy. For some people, that means commitment. For others, it doesn't.

4. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think I would wait- though, instead of having a casual partner, I'd only do it with someone I'm seriously going out with. I'm picky like that XD Touching too- casual things ain't my thing, I've realized.

While there are people who say yes (to stay faithful, and all that) and no (experience, some might say) I think it's up to the person's preference. While casual hookups ain't for me, maybe I'd reconsider after I've had my first time. Of course, the risks of partners lying about stuff like STDs also does loom.

5. 101DeadRoses

Personally, I'd want to wait until someone who meant a lot to me came along and we formed a real bond and deep trust, because I don't want to trust just anyone with my body. Marriage isn't necessary - just trust and caring. If my significant other wanted to wait until marriage, I'd grudgingly agree to hold out, because hey, that's what "marital aids" are for, right?
    But if they wanted to do it before then, I'd be totally fine with it, either way.

But my first time is not going to be with someone I've known for five minutes.
    Sex, to me, is sacred, and I'm not going to invite a stranger to worship, if you get my meaning.

For other people though, I couldn't care less. Just be safe in what you do for your AND your partner's sake, and make sure you both consent.

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't care one way or another as to whether someone does or doesn't. Me personally, I won't necessarily wait until marriage, but we would have to have been dating for a very long time. Like, a year... or two. I don't know yet. I would have to have developed a lot of trust.

Edit:

The risk of STDs also scares me; I'd avoid dating someone who's slept with lots of people already.

I also agree with the below quote.

#46 YuriBunny, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  7. 1412

Out Status:
    A few people
    Are you talking about waiting until marriage or just when you think you met the right person? If you mean after marriage absolutely not. On the other hand you are better off waiting for someone who you actually feel close to before having sex at least for the first time.

8. Kaboom

I think waiting for the right reasons is totally awesome. I respect that. I also agree with everyone else about the whole religion aspect of it. I'm not religious and I certainly didn't wait until marriage. I think sex brings you a lot closer. I believe it should be shared with someone special.

And I honestly don't know how I would handle waiting for marriage if that's what my partner wanted. I think I could do it, but it would be an extremely short engagement.

THAT being said... I think you know if you have sexual chemistry with someone before you even get in the bedroom. It's been that way for me at least.

9. iiimee

I'm an Atheist and I'm not even sure if I want to get married... I mean, I don't think sex has to be full of emotional attachment. It usually is, but it doesn't have to be. I used to be extremely religious, growing up as an Eastern Orthodox Christian, and during that time I remember being so judgmental of anyone who did it before marriage. It's funny, because now I couldn't possibly imagine waiting that long.

10. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have no issues with it. I'd honestly have no problem dating a person who'd do that. I respect principle.

I, personally, never subscribed to this idea, but I get why some people do it. I kind of wish I didn't have sex for the first time in October. I jumped at the first hot dude who was interested. I didn't really enjoy it and It felt so...fake. It also led to the weird development of this idea that I needed to now have sex with a girl to "compare experiences" and to validate my bisexuality.

So, for me, my experience hasn't been the best (but it wasn't horrible either, just felt fake and insincere), so I understand where people who save themselves for marriage come from.

11. ok455

I never understood the waiting for marriage or the right person to come along. In a religious stand point you can do as much sinful things ever (Drink,Tattoos,Smoke etc) but sex is the ultimate sinful thing. It bugs me when older people find out that the kids are having sex and get upset about it. Did the kid practice safe sex? Yes then whats the big deal.

I just think sex is a natural part of life. I lost my virginity at 13 with a friend we was both curious and it was a lot of fun and a good learning experience. I had sex through out the years and mess around with guys never regretted it one bit. People who are waiting what if you never meet "the one?" and you end up old and lonely.

#51 ok455, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  12. springroll

springroll Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Too late to save myself :lol: