1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever thought that you would be alone for the whole life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bing, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Warkupo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I'm a bit realistic, and possibly cynical, so I know I wouldn't exactly make an ideal mate. I just have too much baggage that I still need to, or may never, sort out.

Oh cool. Good time to go. :slight_smile: I'm sure the weather will be a lot better then. It's a mess right now. lol

2. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I often think of this and it saddens me. Being in the closet to most people most likely contributes to that feeling.

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To put it simply, I still do. :dry:

4. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yes. I'm quite certain that I won't find anyone suitable enough to have a relationship with, let alone marry and while my days. And even if I did find anyone I'd care enough about, they'd probably run away from me. I'm not a good person. But maybe I'm just being pessimistic.

Or I might be forever single, but never alone. If you know what I mean.

#64 Weregild, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  5. MiseryJoe

Posts in this thread literally make me cry because they make me realize that I'm not the only one who feel and live that way.

It's not like, 'I have thought'. It's more of like, 'I'm definitely sure that I would be alone for the rest of my life'. Although I have been blessed with some of the great things in the world, my life has gone through many shittiest things in the world at the same time. Because of those, I've become dead inside and emotionally unavailable. I've been shutting people out of my life and keeping to myself for a long time.

I'm always independent dealing with my own shit and other people's shit (mostly my family members) but there was nobody beside me when I feel depressed or have negative feelings. Lately, I want someone to rely on when I'm feeling down. It doesn't necessarily have to be a passionate lover, but someone of a brotherly or fatherly figure is enough for me. I don't know how to find someone like that, how to build that kind of relationship with someone like that because of my personality traits. Then, I decided to find ways to enjoy single life as much as possible.

Because of those reasons, I'm sure I'll live my life alone for the rest of my life.

#65 MiseryJoe, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  6. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've definitely thought of being alone for the rest of my life. I am very aware as to why though. I want to focus on my career and since it requires me to constantly travel from one country to another, it's hard to try and settle down without making sacrifices. I'm still hopeful though. I'll definitely settle down one day.

7. Bing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As still in the closet entirely or partly, I guess what we can do is to hold the best wish in heart and keep going. Time will tell the answer.
    Hope you feel happiness every day!

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2016 at 01:36 PM ----------

Being in the closet definitely contributes to our current life status. Maybe I ask too much, but I still hope to meet someone and fall in love with each other just for this person, not about talents, wealth, or power. haha

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2016 at 01:39 PM ----------

Don't cry. Though I can't be a good lover or even friend, I can be a good listener. I hope you feel better after write it down. Be Happy!

8. That's why I turn to the internet. The digital world has endless people to meet. (Unless they're making dark jokes in YouTube's comment section, I'd shuffle away). I know I won't have a lot of friends, but hey, cyber friends are best friends. (&&&)

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep. For many, many years. I'm now in a happy relationship with someone I love completely, and it'll be our one year next month. I was as convinced of my inferiority and perpetual singledom as the most set in stone posters here. It still happened.

10. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've considered the possibility. I'm not the type of person who puts a lot of stock into relationships, and have spent more time single than not. There are other ways to get things like love, support, and companionship.

11. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'll keep this short and sweet and say yes. lol

12. Bing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, and talking on internet makes people focus on the talking, which is really good.

---------- Post added 12th Apr 2016 at 08:53 PM ----------

Yes, we have family and friends. We can never lose them. But the someone in our life is special. Just like food, family is the noodle, and friends maybe the vegetables and meat. While the someone could be the salt. You can live without it, but you can live better/bitter with it. Right?

13. Charlz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I definitely felt this up until I met my girlfriend. Figured I'd live alone, be alone, grow old alone and never have anyone special in my life. My how quickly and abruptly things changed.

When we met I wasn't really even actively "looking" it just sort of happened, we started talking and bonded pretty quickly. Soon we were talking pretty much all day (and sometimes all night too) everyday and things just sort of took off from there. It's hard for me to imagine not having her in my life now.

14. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I have actually thought I'd be single my entire life. Growing up, I've noticed that I tend to be one of those people who keeps things in and letting people in has always been a foreign concept for me. Also, I tend to seclude myself when it comes to social events and don't interact with people enough for the other party to think I'm interested in them. In addition, if things have erupted in the past, it's hard for me to let go of the past. That actually repelled someone away from me once.

I just see myself as too guarded, and too caught up in my own life to share my life with someone else. It's actually funny, I actually want to share my life with someone else so every time I meet someone, it's a constant internal battle of personality vs. what I desire.

15. Warkupo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's how I feel about it too. Like how I have, and love, my nephews. They mean the world to me, but I also know that, one day, they'll have their own lives and won't get to be as close to them as I am now.

16. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I go in and out of phases feeling this way. I look for opportunities that will increase my chances of meeting someone, and sometimes I make poor choices and end up back where I started - feeling alone and frustrated. When I was younger it didn't bother me, being alone and in my own space and enjoying activities that i like doing alone, but now that I'm a bit older, the loneliness is starting to bother me.

17. Bing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I used to watch a short video in which one's life is regarded as a "lonely" train journey. People have different destinations. We will company each other for some time and enjoy the same view. But they will get off at anytime, even our parents and siblings. So maybe one basic meaning of life is to find someone, holding his or her hands and become old together. Maybe.

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2016 at 06:20 PM ----------

My friend told me one symptom of becoming old is feeling lonely some time, and also falling asleep when watching tv. HAHA

18. Imaperson

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah. I was dating this guy names Jake, he was really sweet! Really Nice! Super fucking cute! sadly though, he lied...alot! He lied about how he got in a fight and had memory loss, he lied about how he used to cut, he lied about how his parents abused him, he lies about how his friends hated him and said they wished he died, he lies about having nightmares, he lied about commiting suicide...to the point where he sent a picture to me and my sister of him holding a gun to his head saying "goodbye" but a couple days later,he accidently messaged me on skype,i dumped him and i thought that all guys in the world were gonna be like that and that i didnt want to date ever again, hopefully not all guys are like that.

19. Starwind78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is exactly how I feel. I really can't see someone tolerating me in a relationship for more than a few weeks unless they needed something tangible from me like money.

So, yeah, I've pretty much felt that I would die alone since I first asked myself the question years ago.

20. ThreeBears3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I thought so for a long time. And all my relationships or whatever were not overly healthy... Then one day I decided to stop letting myself be afraid of the people that could be meaningful in my life so I started just telling everyone the exact things on my heart all the time... I was married in 2 years... Sometimes I think about all the reasons I thought I would be alone and I really just think if I went back I wouldnt change things because everything now would be messed up but had I known then... Oh it's all about perspective isn't it. Some people however really do better alone... It's just what you want... Go for that :wink:

---------- Post added 17th Apr 2016 at 09:15 PM ----------

I used to really internalize and I was very guarded