1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Rubio Suspends His Campaign

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Skaros, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    In the midst of the Tuesday where the second most amount of delegates are awarded in a single day, Rubio has officially suspended his campaign. After losing Florida, it was just a matter of time. He was the establishment's next choice after Jeb Bush. Now they might have to rely on Kasich or even Cruz to defeat Trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/us/politics/marco-rubio.html

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well there goes their chance at a brokered convention. Kasich will really have to catch fire for that to happen now.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh boy, Now were down to 3 crazy imbeciles.

5. ouji

ouji Guest

Yay! That's great news :slight_smile:

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That came as a surprise to no one. Could've done without his "May God strengthen the conservative movement" moment in his farewell speech. I had a cringe moment at that.

8. AlamoCity

There went my Texas primary vote down the drain :lol:.

9. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know why people on this forum are celebrating. It's either 1) you're glad one less Republican is running 2) you want Trump/Cruz/Kasich to win. In the case of one, it makes it more likely that Cruz will be the Republican candidate--who could actually win a general election. Kasich needs over 100% of the remaining delegates to win, so basically his ownly role here is directing votes from Cruz and making Trump the nomination. The more extra people, there more likely we'd have a brokered convention, which Trump could win the GOP nomination.

The only reason to be happy about this is if you're a Trump or Cruz supporter, which most of you aren't. If you want a Democrat to win, you shouldn't be celebrating Rubio dropping out, he also only directed votes from Cruz. Donald Trump couldn't win a general election, so if you want a Democrat, you want Trump to be the nomination (then Hillary or Bernie's got to win, 2/3 of Americans wouldn't support Trump, conservatives and liberals alike).

#9 baconpox, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  10. Eye Shine

All the GOP candidates are crazy in their own special ways and in some similar ways. Also the not the good kind of crazy. More like the bat sh!t kind of crazy.

11. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I want Trump to get the nomination for the exact reasons you just described. However, I do think it would have been good for Rubio to stay in the race for just a tad bit longer. I think a lot of Rubio's supporters wouldn't go to Cruz, but they would go to Kasich instead, which would keep Trump still in the lead. Thing is, I think Trump has too much momentum right now for anyone to catch up to him. Unless Cruz manages to break his momentum, which he still hasn't successfully done, it seems unlikely he would be the nominee. I also think a brokered convention would result in a Cruz nomination, because I doubt the establishment is going to want Trump.

Cruz is pretty conservative, and we all see that. Polls currently show he isn't too far ahead of Clinton in a general election. He's definitely less electable than Rubio. Unless Sanders gets the nomination, Democrats would indeed struggle to win, since Sanders manages to get a large portion of the independent vote. Clinton, however, does stand a decent chance at winning, assuming she's not indicted or gets into even more trouble for her scandals.

The thing about Rubio that has been worrying me though is that he was the most electable out of all the 4 remaining Republican candidates. Had he split the vote enough for a brokered convention, he may have gotten the nomination. In which case the Democrats would lose (assuming Clinton is the nomination).

12. Herbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two words, withr regards to Kasich. Brokered Converntion. Or Contensted Convention, whatever. I actually like him only slightly less than Hillary, so, you know.

13. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So Trump and Cruz are left, right?

14. Summer Rose

There's also Kasich, but yeah, Trump and Cruz are the only relevant candidates left, not counting a brokered convention.

15. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If it's a brokered convention and Trump doesn't get the nomination, his supporters would lose their shit if he actually ended up having the most votes but still under 1237. They are causing violence at his rallies when he's winning. Imagine what they would do if he lost.