1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I contract something from anal if my partner hasn't done it?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by CraikNakes, Mar 14, 2016.

1. CraikNakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! So I've made arrangements to hook up with this guy whose much older than me but he wants me to take his anal virginity ( I would be penetrating him). My question is, if he did have HIV / AIDS or any other kinda STD could I contract it that way? I've never thought about this and I'll probably use protection anyway but I was just curious. Thanks!

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, you can contract STDs from either position.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Either position is vulnerable for STD's or HIV, so it's best to use protection when it comes to hook ups. I wouldn't engage in unprotected sex unless you are in a monogamous relationship, but even then, others won't take a chance. Protection is ALWAYS recommended, but it's up to you.

And again, condoms are very effective, but nothing is ever 100%. You could still catch something from oral sex, like herpes.

4. smurf

When it comes to hook up, you have to pretend that everyone already has an STD. Otherwise is just foolish. This goes even if you are dating someone.

Wear a condom. Every time.

5. Ned B

If this person has never has never had sex at all, the only way he could have an STD or HIV is if he contracted it from birth or injections. However, if he has had any other sort of sex or intimate contact, there is still a chance of him having contracted any of these, and he would need to have been tested recently to know he was clean for sure. But generally I wouldn't trust anything that someone who wants to hook up says. Always use protection and exercise general caution when meeting someone you don't know well.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No offense, but I'd be skeptical of his claim that you are his first. That would be a brilliant way for an older guy who likes to bareback to convince a younger guy to do so.

If it were me, under no circumstances would I consider sex without a condom. (With anyone, for that matter). Also, if it were me, under no circumstances would I hook up with someone 'much older' for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is the imbalance in power and control and the potential for manipulation. But that's in the realm of personal choice... Just offering it up as a thought.