1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does she like me? What do? :O

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by katey, Mar 14, 2016.

1. katey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone, this is my first post (!)
    I'm just looking for advice really because there's this girl who I really like, and for the sake of this post I'm gonna call her Rachael.
    So Rachael asked me to the prom :icon_bigg and of course I was super happy because I really like her and would 100% date her. I asked her later if it was as friends or dates, and she said she was thinking friends but she'd be happy to go as dates and I panicked as usual and said that friends was fine and I was happy if she was. I did let her know that I would date her because I think she's intelligent and gorgeous and funny. Damn it I messed up; I should have grabbed the date offer :dry: Does the fact that she said she would consider dating mean she likes me?
    This is all made harder by the fact that my brain is still, after years, trying to wrap itself round the fact that I'm bi and crushing on the same sex :bang::confused:
    So my question is, what would you do? Would you settle for friends or ask her out or just be seductive af? :icon_wink

#1 katey, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  2. Miri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well....you could go to the prom with her as friends, and then halfway through, if you're enjoying yourselves, turn to her and smile and say, "Hey, remember how I said I'd go as your date if you wanted me to? I know we didn't do that this time, but...maybe if you're free, we could do it for real next Friday at eight?" Or, I dunno, maybe that wording's creepy. But you get the idea. If she seems open to a date, why not?

Speaking of, just how serious did she seem about the date idea? Girls can sometimes be very gay without actually being gay, so to speak. Has she ever spoken about sexuality in the past? Do you know any of her opinions on or interactions with sexuality and LGBT individuals, both in general and in her personal life? What's her relationship with you like?

3. katey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much that sounds like a good idea actually. Because I was thinking about just straight out asking her to see a movie, or something like but my fear of rejection is holding me back :confused: I have a friendship with her definitely, but I haven't tried to flirt or anything because I feel quite shy about it. We talk quite a lot and I do get on really well with her, but she is also quite a shy person, and tends to play her cards quite close to her chest, so I have no idea how she feels about me, i.e. if the date offer was serious. Or maybe I'm just insecure lol.
    She is also definitely gay, she told me herself,I was wary of that because sometimes girls go as friends with no relationship intentions if that makes sense.

4. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Katey... If she's already said she would like to date "call me maybe" I'd ask her to that movie and just see what happens. If you don't open your heart of possibilities it'll never find what it's looking for. Rejection stings and hurts but the reward of finding someone that you enjoy and might fall in love with is well worth the risk. I know... I stood back for the longest time going "what if... what if...?" One step at a time.

5. katey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey KarenLyn, I was thinking about that, and I probably will work up the courage to do so but at the moment I feel like rejection would be worse than not knowing. But what you've said makes a lot of sense, and I definitely will eventually go for it :slight_smile:
    Thanks for the reply and the encouragement :slight_smile: :slight_smile: