1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Trump loses WY & DC

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by HuskyPup, Mar 13, 2016.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trump is a bigot and and an asshole.

Here, here's what ya think;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nGw_vAnqPI

And you can act like this doesn't matter. But to all the black and Muslim and Asian members, it does.

Wake up.

And to Chip...well, what now? Would you allow him to talk to people like this, here?

And if a woman was having her period, would you just say she was in a mood, bleeding down there?

Do you think that is decent?

I'm sick of the wishy-washy stances here...buck up, boy, or I'll just take my support to the ACLU or the SPLC or some place that maters.

#1 HuskyPup, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  2. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Havent listened to that song in a long time, great tune. Love randy newman

3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't mean to be mean, but Trump is too much. I just can't believe his hatred is so tolerated, like it's some new norm. I live in a very diverse area, and people are targeted just because of how they look, or their religious views...this is totally against the aims of this site, as I understand them. It drives away new members, and I don't like it.

4. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Do your research - DC and WY are states biased towards establishment candidates and very few people vote (Kasich got 0 votes in WY), which is why Trump hardly acknowledged them in his campaign. It is the sort of place where candidates who normally lose snatch an unimportant win for bragging rights.

Wait till Terminal Tuesday - because that will almost guarantee a nomination if Trump wins both. Clinton is expected to win by storm.

Just because you dislike a candidate doesn't mean everyone else does. Most people him see him as an eccentric but humble man who loves his country. He isn't a racist or a bigot as you are implying.

5. Kinky

Kinky Guest

Another Trump thread! :O

6. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There's so many of them.... he's secretly taking over EC.

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If Trump's a humble man, I've got a big boobs. Trump is a racist, xenophobic fear-mongering fascist, and his own quotes and actions indicate as much. Anyone who can't see past this has blinders on. He's done nothing but stir up racial tension. Anyone who can't see past this is feeble minded, and simply ignoring the facts on the ground.

It amazes me how LGBT people can care about their own 'minority' interests rights and safety, and not those of others.

It's hard to deny Trump has stoked racial tensions; to do so would be willingly naive.

8. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm actually tired of seeing them due to the arguments they cause. Trump has a way of tearing communities apart on and off the internet.

9. AKTodd

Agree with this and will go further:

For all the folks on EC who are tempted to make or respond to political/election postings:

The amount of time, energy, and emotion that are going into these threads could be much better spent on the actual mission and community of EC.

The amount of negative energy that is coming out of them is damaging to the community of EC.

The increasingly angry back-and-forth that is coming out of these threads is not going to change any hearts or minds, nor offer any clarity or education, nor (frankly) does it seem intended to. It seems to all pretty much be intended to either irritate or annoy the person/people receiving it and not much else. This is a pointless exercise that produces nothing positive or uplifting and can hurt the poster more than the person being posted at.

Rather than engaging in these conversations, I would suggest that any member (on any side of the issue) either ignore any threads that are posted or, if you just can't resist posting, then simply post something to the effect of:

'Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.'

And then drop it and go do something more productive with your time here and don't post to the thread again - because at that point, what more is there to say?

Finally, and regardless of which candidate you support, be sure to vote during the election. Because that is ultimately how this issue will be decided, not in a forum thread of people screaming at each other.

My 2c worth,

Todd

#9 AKTodd, Mar 13, 2016
  10. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Very well said AKTodd!

11. tscott

Brava!

I have certainly engaged in some of these threads, but it has gotten quite personal in many instances. There is a reason; and this will sound very Dowager Countess Violet Crawley, why one is never supposed to discuss politics, religion, or sex at the dinner table. Debate is about exchanging ideas and should not be personal, however, these three topics are extremely personal. One rarely gets another to change another's opinion, and unless one remains civil, one aught not participate in the discussion; most cannot.

#11 tscott, Mar 13, 2016
  12. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is probably true. Trump's going to focus more attention on Ohio and Florida because Wyoming and DC are unimportant in the long run.

13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea and Clinton crushed sanders again! :icon_bigg

14. RainbowBoyMom

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I would NOT TRUST Hillary, and I'm a female. Why should my kids be burdened with a debt that they can't pay off. Obama is acting like a dictator. I'm a Ted Cruz supporter, but Trump is good, too. I'm sick of the media trying to prop up Hillary. Knowing her history, between land dealings, mysterious murders - not only the 4 in Libya, but Vince Foster, the Mense Airport murder, Ron Brown, cattle futures profits and of course, Bill's affairs. My ex had 1 affair, I left.

As a mom, I can't vote for people who will steal from my kids.

15. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, while I agree that the song "Rednecks" by Randy Newman does unfortunately correlate with a lot of the mentality around the Republican party, I don't think Trump himself is a Redneck or a racist. The guy is a TV personality, he's only running as a Republican because he knows he can manipulate the hayseed groups down South easily. I think he actually said that, somewhere. He could easily run as a Democrat and win that way, too.

16. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Bless this post.

#16 Cauldron, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  17. Lipstick Leuger

Humble......:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG5kSgJtyQg

Thought this thread could use some levity......:eusa_danc

18. Capricorn98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It doesn't matter whether you Love him or hate him, it's down to peoples personal opinion. It's true what other people have said, you can't usually change somebodies opinion, so posting things against him isn't going to accomplish anything, only divide people further.

Posting things that are against Donald Trump makes you no better than someone posting things in favor of him.

All these accusations about him being racist or a bigot are things I wouldn't want to give my opinion on (I don't know all the facts)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    call me a hypocrite, but I have to say it
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------saying he's the 'Next Hitler' sounds like utter bulls@*t. His opinions and policies may or may not bear a resemblance to some of Hitler's,

But Hitler also:

-Created The SS secret military police to use fear to maintain power

-burnt books and disregarded all other religions and faiths (Hitler secretly hated the Pope and the Vatican)

-Sterilized disabled people (to create the Aryan 'master' race through Eugenics)

-replaced Animal testing with testing on jews

-Sent millions of Jews and other minorities to Death camps where they were worked to death and killed (the genocide of almost 6 million jews)

-allowed sick testing of jews etc like the testing Joseph Mengele did on children without pain-killers

-Waged war which left mainly Europe and the world in ruin (causing the deaths of Millions of people)

-plus many more sick and twisted atrocities
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So say what you want about him but for heavens sake don't say Donald Trump is like Hitler

#18 Capricorn98, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think anyone against him feels they are "better" than his supporters. The meat of the matter is that there is a lot at stake in this election and the anti side would be appalled to see him in charge of any organization bigger than a lemonade stand.

He's not literally the next Hitler. But he can be accused of using a very similar path to whip up public fervor with his emotional appeal.

20. Summer Rose

The Hitler parallels are more apt due to America being a less drastic, more man-made situation that Germany was in post ww1; where they couldn't build military, and their economy was flattened, the American's that Trump appeals to get riled up any time "gun" and "safety" are brought up in the same sentence, and we've also had our middle class disappear.

The main difference between Hitler and Trump though, is that Trump is not currently in a position of [major] power and influence. Would he do the same things as Adolf? I doubt it. Would I want to hedge my bets on it? Fuck no.

And to people who think he's not at least xenophobic, remember what he thinks about Mexicans: "They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people." :rolle: